tbirds back window

pierce8468

After reading on here about somebody having trouble with the back glass of a 94 tbird, and reading all of the other post's. I thought I would give every one some help full advice. To make these cars go smoothly.

The trouble eveyone seems to be having with this car is quite simple. You are shrinking the bottom of the glass. That is why it is rolling on you. Dont shrink it at all not one bit.

this will be hard to explain via internet but I will try.

With your hand not a hard card tack down the bottom corners so that they stick to the glass. anchor the film high to get all of the tension up top and away from the bottom. then just shrink the top like normal. The top corners will be the only issue but not bad at all.

When you install you will need what I call a camaro tool. It is a soft body tool used for spreading bondo onto cars. You can get them at pep boys. You want one that is about six inches long.

Start squeeging from the bottom center downwards until your about a 1/4 of the way into the window( hope that makes sence) then start squeeging into the corner. as in a downwarg angle if you know what I mean. dont worry about pushing out water just yet get the film to stick in the corners, and then use your max up top. after you get the top all finished up come back to the bottom with the max,and squeege just like you did with the bondo tool.

If you do this right you will not have any roll back at all. And you will not need to jump in and out of the car to heat it up. I hope I explained it right and you understand what I am saying. If not post any questions you have and I will try to answer them the best I can

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still won't do these cars anymorebecause of how old they are now (usually junk to work on) and because I refuse to give a customer a lifetime warranty due to the stress on the film on the bottom corners..but everything pierce says on how to do them is dead on :DD:spit

just an add on to what pierce said ..when I WAS doing these cars..when sanding the bottom corner matrix area , I'd wrap a thin piece of sand paper at the end of a plastic push stick..that way you can pinpoint more accuratly on sanding the dots without accidentally scuffing the glass..just a suggestion :spit

Got one of these today...yea, Its that slow. Anyways, Pierce left some good infor on this back glass, but he says to anchor "high" to bring the tension of the film up top. I always thought that if you anchor high, you're bringing most the film to be shrunk to the bottom.

BTW, i tried one when i first started and had to pull the film on the sides and go home. I'd appreciate any help going into this turd bucket.

Archived