tbirds back window

pierce8468

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:bingo on having a joe hand on the opposite side of the back glass, saves you jumping in and out like a jack rabbit . And trust me on the tip about sanding the bottom corner dots with sandpaper around a push stick , it greatly increases the "tack" of the tint on the bottom corners. If I recall, there's a hidden screw you take out to pop the gasket out of the doors without having to remove the panels. You press down on the outer top corner of the panel to reveal it.

To my surpised that back glass was an easy shrink, no different than an avergage one. I did a horizontal anchor about 4 inches higher than the middle. I also did side anchors only on the bottom sides, 6 inches inward from the edge of the matrix. The corners of the back glass layed down quickly and then one curled 10 minutes later, so i hit it a couple of time and then heat both corners.

TW, i really wish i pulled the panels, got contamination kinda bad at the bottom seal on the driver and not so bad on the passenger. Also, i notice the top of the back glass, hit the headliner in two big spots right before i was leaving.

Oh yea, back glass took over an hour to strip and the whole car took 5 hours!!! I didn't have my razor extension, which would of saved me some time. I did end up pulling the 3rd brakelight, which wasn't bad.

Thanks, everyone for your tips.

:beer

Archived