Am i slow??

Guest "MASTER"

Guest "MASTER"

HI all

New in here and hope not to get beat up! I have been reading the post and I have read this topic of "felt" what is ment by this?? I have another question for you all. I can only tint 5-7 car a day buy my self and I think I'm slow. My come backs are very little, like 1 car in three months. The last person scrached the tint with a ring, so the nice guy that I'm I retined it for free! "does not happen to often!" Hope you can all help me out with the felt thing.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome to the forum, we are a freindly bunch, but I hope you have a sense of humor :nope

Felt is for inner flaps on some roll up windows that dont have a fuzzy suface against the glass. Some cars are comming out with just a plastic flap with no fuzzies that will scratch the crap out of the tint and sometimes untinted glass, so we apply a strip of felt to the insides of the flaps on those cars...at a price of course. If the customer isn't willing to pay for the felting, they should be warned that it will scratch eventually when rolled up and down.

5-7 cars a day sounds plenty quick to me, I can only do 4.

Guest TintsOvOz

:lol2 Welcome Dude, if you are totaly doing this many yourself from start to finish thats good, I require 4-5 out of my staff and half the time some one else does the prep....... :nope

Oz.............. :hmmm:hmmm

welcome :nope

5-7 is a fine number

some tint slangers here can do more

most of us do less

I would rather charge 2x as much and work 1/2 as hard

I am with TD 4-5 is plenty for my old bones

....but I did an '06 mustang in 55 minuites today, and it looked great

I also did a lexus and it took 2 1/2 hours and also turned out nice

just depends :hmmm

Here is a link to the archives

search for felt or felting for the related topics

?  I can only tint 5-7 car a day buy my self and I think I'm slow.?

[*]355225

well I have been tinting 6 days a week for 20 years and I can't handle more than 4 cars in a day, and the most I have ever tinted in one day myself is 6 :nope but I can say come backs almost don't exist :hmmm

Guest SIR TINTSALOT

it's possible, but man I don't think I could hang with that pace for too long. I can tint 5-6 if everything goes right and I got some help with the phones, but that's what I got help for.

My system is I do the back glass and the drivers side, and my worker does the passenger side and 1/4's. We get most 4 doors out in 45 minutes taking our time. But we only try to do 6 on any day because there is always tommorow.

it's possible, but man I don't think I could hang with that pace for too long. I can tint 5-6 if everything goes right and I got some help with the phones, but that's what I got help for.

My system is I do the back glass and the drivers side, and my worker does the passenger side and 1/4's.  We get most 4 doors out in 45 minutes taking our time. But we only try to do 6 on any day because there is always tommorow.

[*]355329

exactly.

I can do 6 cars alone in a day if they were all celica's, or front roll ups on chevy's and stuff.

I aim for quality not quantity. I got no DMC going around here dont need too..

Archived