Doing my first 3 retail PPF installs today

Baby should be out maybe by the end of next week if all goes as well as it is going.

I'm about 1/2 way through the Tundra, so far so good, I ended up trimming some off the bumper to make it easier to shrink, so everything is goind real smooth.

I was thinking about just cutting it myself. At first I was scared of cutting on the car, but after working with it, it's not so bad, I'm having to trim the ones they sent me anyways.

not to start anything but what brand are you using?

the MMM will cut about the easiest because you can just score the top and it tears away, and the ad-venture film as long as you pull it as you cut it, it will tear quite easy,

jus tremember not to push to hard, cause where you stretch it its thinner and easier to cut through.

:thumb:lol

and take good care of that future paper slangen baby

I've installed many brands and Clearshield is by far my favorite. with that brand there's never a concern with comebacks. :thumb I personally prefer installing kits over bulk rolling. I'd rather cut on the car as little as possible.

Congrats on the installs. I have been pushing Venture since september 05' but no takers here in Indiana. Can't wait till I start PPF installs. Learned from just a video huh and where could I obtain one such demo video??

[*]363010

The manufacturer sent it to me.

I've installed many brands and Clearshield is by far my favorite.  with that brand there's never a concern with comebacks.    :beer  I personally prefer installing kits over bulk rolling.  I'd rather cut on the car as little as possible.

[*]363016

I like it to :duck

were you using it when it first came out?

when we were I had 8-9 come back from mass shrinkage, almost 1/4" on hood sides. I havent used it since they suposedly revamped the line, I keep thinking I might try a new roll. :thumb

at the time they were more clear then any other on the market.

and I like kits ok but after learning how to install bulk roll and how to cut, :beer

thats the biggest advantage I think to the mmm is you dont have to cut as hard, just enough to score it, and :beer

Archived