Hands a wreck

Guest Braud Spectrum

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Braud Spectrum

Yes DWIWD And those splits take forever to heal cause it just keeps breaking open when I bend my fingers. Even on my palms too. They got so bad last spring I had to actually get a JOB! doing something that required me to do nothing. :beer I hated it. This is what I do. And I'm good at it. But if they continue to do this...and it's fixing to break loose and get reeeeaaally busy... I'm going to be in a world of poop. At least when they are wet from working they don't hurt so bad. And they do stay wet all day. The last two fingers are especially bad as I surmise the drip ends up there and lingers. I cleaned out the water bottles thinking bacteria may be lurking. My diagnoses is it's kinda like having athleetes hands instead of feet. I hate to hold out my hand to receive change at the grocery store. I know they think I must have leprosy!

Right now its my knuckles. It looks like I am dragging them on the ground as I walk.

Got rid of the split fingers with Bag Balm. That stuff is great, can't beat teat ointment. 8)

Guest Spesh

Try tea tree oil or emu oil.........great stuff for fixing that sort of shite.....also honey does wonders for the skin as well.....honey is expensive compared to vaso but works a treat

Guest DontWorryItWillDry

I hear ya on that BS....giving cash at the cash register! I feel weird too...but I have other things to worry about instead of what a cashier thinks of my skin.

At it's worst, I used to put a derm cream on the cracks/splits and bandage them to keep them moist before I went to sleep. It helped somewhat to the point they weren't splitting open at night. Then during the daytime.....everytime I washed my hands....lotion went on right away. Again, if it gets bad like it did a few months ago, I'm wearing bandages again on my fingers all day. I'll just tell them I play a lot of basketball. Ever watch an NBA game? Most players wear bandages around their knuckles.

Guest Olfablade

I use a pumice stone on my hands where they used to crack, and they don't anymore because I rub away the dead skin before it splits.

Archived