Hands a wreck

Guest Braud Spectrum

Guest Braud Spectrum

Anybody else have trouble with their hands cracking and itching? This is driving me nuts. Have been tinting 20 years and all of a sudden this nearly eats my hands up.

Tried cleaning bottles. Using bottled water. Just baby shampoo for slipperiness. Any ideas?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Film Maverick

you can try hand lotion, but it sounds bad if you've never had the problem and now you do. I've just gotten used to the dryness - my wife is always trying to get me to use her lotion.

Guest thetintshop

here's what I do. get a pair of latex gloves, put vaseline all over your hands, and I mean put ALOT of vaseline on. put on the gloves and go to bed. when you get up, take the gloves off, wash your hands real good, and PRESTO, INSTANT GIRL HANDS!!!

seriously, it may take doing this a couple nights depending on how bad your hands are. but it works.

Guest cctint

As my great great grandpappy use to say back in the 1800's when he was tinting, a little corn huskers lotion every day on the hands after tinting for 14 hours aways kept his hands like a baby's bottom! :dunno

Guest Spesh

guys don't want girl hands though do they? I want man hands with scratches, cuts, callouses etc, shows I have put in a hard days work.....hand cream for a bloke is only good for one thing !!!! :mrgreen:

Guest Braud Spectrum

Thanks you guys. I'll try some bag balm. And the vasoline at night too. Hafta get some plastic gloves. Got an algergy to latex. I used to use corn Huskers many years ago. They really are bad right now. Kills me to wash my hair. Even went to the dermatologist. He said...and I quote " Keep um outta water"

yeah right :confused

Least I know I'm not alone.

And thank you for the welcome. I am thrilled to find this site. Last weekend I was tinting a convertable BMW. Hadn't done one in a while. I had forgotten that those D & P's raised up a 1/2 inch when you closed the doors. For the life of me I couldn't remember how to fake it out and make it think it was closed so they'd raise up while the doors were open. I found it here. :)

Guest DontWorryItWillDry

Welcome to the boards BS, I thought I was the only one with that problem. Even my derm said to keep them out of water. I'm like..ok..so how am I supposed to keep payin' your ass if I can't work?!?! Anyways, had mild success with some meds....but mostly they stay dry and cracking.

I know TD remembers seeing me with 3 of my fingers all bandaged up at Amgen. I did that to keep my fingers from drying in between offices. If I let them dry...they end up splitting open the skin and I end up with an open wound. :lol

Archived