Mercedes CL 55 AMG Help

Guest chip01

Guest tintchic

hi chip, I'm assuming you figured out the button on the door jam in order to get the window in its rightful place? I did one of this past Monday,........ first get you cut along the bottom edge and the long side....roll your window down a couple of inches and get your cut along the top, go as far as you can toward the rear (you won't be able to get as far as you'd like though) and finish the long side off.....when youve done that you'll have a little tab so to speak on the back side, well you have to eye that in and free hand it....takes a good eye and steady hand here....you'll run into a little difficulty lower that opposite window since the control is only on the drive door (that is if you are working alone)...I stuck my red devil gadget in backwards so the tint could lay on it and not get bunched up when I lowered the window down, worked out great.....you'll need to peel the release liner completely and slide the bottom in first, just pay close attention and you'll be able to keep it clean.....you c :lol6 an push against the window a bit to give yourself some working room for the bottom.... I heated everything really good, mine turned out great hope this helps you out..................

Guest tintchic
hi chip, I'm assuming you figured out the button on the door jam in order to get the window in its rightful place? I did one of this past Monday,........ first get you cut along the bottom edge and the long side....roll your window down a couple of inches and get your cut along the top, go as far as you can toward the rear (you won't be able to get as far as you'd like though) and finish the long side off.....when youve done that you'll have a little tab so to speak on the back side, well you have to eye that in and free hand it....takes a good eye and steady hand here....you'll run into a little difficulty lower that opposite window since the control is only on the drive door (that is if you are working alone)...I stuck my red devil gadget in backwards so the tint could lay on it and not get bunched up when I lowered the window down, worked out great.....you'll need to peel the release liner completely and slide the bottom in first, just pay close attention and you'll be able to keep it clean.....you c :blah an push against the window a bit to give yourself some working room for the bottom.... I heated everything really good, mine turned out great hope this helps you out..................

[*]370269

oops, beer guys got out of place, little technical difficulty there :blah:beer

Guest tintchic
hi chip, I'm assuming you figured out the button on the door jam in order to get the window in its rightful place? I did one of this past Monday,........ first get you cut along the bottom edge and the long side....roll your window down a couple of inches and get your cut along the top, go as far as you can toward the rear (you won't be able to get as far as you'd like though) and finish the long side off.....when youve done that you'll have a little tab so to speak on the back side, well you have to eye that in and free hand it....takes a good eye and steady hand here....you'll run into a little difficulty lower that opposite window since the control is only on the drive door (that is if you are working alone)...I stuck my red devil gadget in backwards so the tint could lay on it and not get bunched up when I lowered the window down, worked out great.....you'll need to peel the release liner completely and slide the bottom in first, just pay close attention and you'll be able to keep it clean.....you c :blah an push against the window a bit to give yourself some working room for the bottom.... I heated everything really good, mine turned out great hope this helps you out..................

[*]370269

oops, beer guys got out of place, little technical difficulty there :blah:beer

[*]370271

One more thing when you install and slide the bottom in first start with the back and get the corner in, you can start to manuver it then and you don't want to crease that either cause it'll be hard to heat anything out in that tight little corner without melting any molding....ok, think I'm finished now (I'd come help you out but it's too long a drive and alot of water in the way :blah )....good luck

Got it done ok, quarters where a real pain, the panel was really tight and ended up doing it with the panel and rubber on. Was left witha small gap around the top edge but didnt want to push and pull to hard on things.

All the glass was laminated ( or as the customer thought double glazed) the top edge looked poor prior to tinting on the qrts, customer was happy enough with the finish.

Rear screen looks awkward but shrinks fine

Thanks again peeps

Bob :lol2

Archived