Need Tinting Advice

Guest Ibizan

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Zrok

see, I don't mind givin the sales pitch, but the problem is that I'm busy puttin' on the film, and can't get to the phone. so I have to rely on 'GULP' the other ones answering the phones. maybe I should coach them? lol

Zro, I don't answer every phone call, and those that take the calls have free reign to charge whatever (except low). I don't have set prices either, they can fluctuate throughout the day. You'll be surprised how much money you've been leaving on the table. :rollin

Guest Zrok

:? gonna start scoopin' :rollin

and thanks everyone for not bein' an ass to me 'cuz in your opinions I'm 'lowballin' it's not my fault. :mrgreen:

Guest TINTFXold

zrokewl24 said

I'm in south bend, indiana.

for real? I come up to your town 2 times every fall for Notre Dame games... ever go yourself?

Guest Sprinter

zrok,

I know how you feel everyones price is about the same and price shoppers are only looking for one thing the price, it's hard to raise prices above the rest when everyone sells the same thing and your competing with a ton of shops. have your sales people give two prices out on the phone the lifetime warranty job for 140.00 or 145.00, I like to give a quote like 146.75 and tax is included, this gives them the out the door price. next have them say, and the best film starts at 166.75 covers color cange and turning purple.

since you use madico you can use the films that cover the warranties and if you have to get another film to have on hand for the cheaper price at 146.75 use any good dyed/metal film thats out there and there is a ton to choose from. since the other guys are up selling to onxy for a better price there you go.

also call the shops and see what there selling and for how much, I know talking on the phone takes a lot of time but it's in your interst to field the calls and educate the customer on one piece rear windows how long you've been tinting nation wide warranty 100% customer satisfaction, 1/16 from the edges on the tops of doors, how you tape the felts, no light gaps and so on. how your shop is the cleanest in town we'll even buy you a drink while you wait.

Guest Sprinter

most people think that the cost is 140 plus tax of 6.75, they have no clue as to what tax is, most taxes on tint is about 1.75 for the film that is used.

plus your price is not 149.95 a nikel short of 150 I think it sticks in there mind better and your price includes tax theres would be 149.95 plus tax so there over 151.70. I guess it seems cheaper to them, and your only 4.95 cheaper, if you get the job so be it.

even if you priced it out at 146.75 you'll come up less than the other guy at 149.95 even with tax added.

you should try ot and see what it will do or not do for you, I think you price them out at 254 thats what I rembember you said one time so price it out at 256.75 it just rolls off your tongue

personally, I think the price.95 thing is bullshit, it's like the price of gas...199.999.... utter clap trap, I'd like to have my 1/10 of a cent change please!!!!!

That's a gimmick, and people who use it betray their motive in doing so.

Archived