Need Tinting Advice

Guest Ibizan

Guest Ibizan
IF you call me, if you call the store I work at, it'll be more....not much more, but more.  so where are you at???
Hey Mike what number can I call you at?

I don't mind driving a few hours for a quality tint job. Besides, I'll need an excuse to get past the 1000 mile break-in period. :mrgreen:

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Zrok

I'm using the black onyx film from madico, and I believe the 130 price is more than fair, as I've tinted several WRX''s and they really aren't challenging to do at all. CHEERS :lol

Guest Zrok

S and S, I was unaware that you were a fellow onyx user...how long have you been using it? and where are you at? I'm in south bend, indiana.

just curious :beer

Guest Zrok

OT, in my market, there's a shop around the corner from me that's charging 149 for a 4 door, and 129 for a 2 door, where I work we charge 140 and 120 respectively, the other shop uses 3M film, I use onyx, just across town, there's a ziebart shop that installs charcool, with the 'ol onyx upsell and to get people in the door they're charging 130 and 150 so you see, I'm 'giving it away' but not really in my market...I'd feel bad charging him much more than that. besides, I know all the rules about being a lowballer, and charging more for a better film/install, but with the way prices are, I feel we're being competitive and not lowballers. and most of the people in this area are price shoppers. they make their decision based on the numbers they get over the phone. hope you guys don't think any less of me :beer

Guest J.P.

The minute you let the competition set the value of your workmanship, you become a LOWBALLER. I understand cutting a deal on the side for a little cash, and it's cool that you are trying to help this guy out, but once you stat down that road there's no turning back. In a couple of years, after a couple of price increases by the manufacturer, he might come back to you for the same deal. Yes, it's nice to have repeat customers but you have to make a living as well. If you don't think you are worth more than that then you need to re-evaluate your career. Good tinters are hard to find and worth every penny. Don't sell yourself or your shop short. Charge what you are worth, not what the competion is worth.

Guest Braud Spectrum

:beer Amen !

And I'm worth it.

When I have people tell me another shop would do it cheaper I ask if they KNOW for sure who would be tinting it if they took it to another shop. If I do it, it will be always be ME that tints it and not possibly some kid just learning and practicing on their car. The good tinter they had last week may be working somewhere else this week.

I do have those special customers who get special deals. They send plenty of other people to deserve a break. Then there are those who think they are my Brother in laws... Never knew I had so many sisters !...:mrgreen:

:beer on a few of those replies. Those prices are just too damn cheap when your working on cars that average $25,000. I get calls all the time looking for the lowest price, screw em. If you want to chase your tail the rest of your life scraping out a living, go for it. Be a price leader, not a follower.

Archived