06 gti

tintman Pa

I have a customer coming in wensday to get his gti tinted..he called me today (monday ) saying he is concerned about reception on his gps....the vehicle does have one of those antenna looking things on the roof....bowever the back glass does seem to have extra looking defroster lines which I assumed are the antenna..I know the HP charcole suntek film may make the reception a little weaker on AM but is it going to mess with his gps crap?.....he is calling me some time tuesday to see what I have found out.....please advise....thanks

If he has the gps antenna on the roof you should be fine. never had a problem using hp film on nav cars. with an exterior mounted antenna.

Just take a look at the car for a radio antenna. If you dont see one on the car. Then what your seeing in the back glass. Is just the radio antenna, and nothing to do with gps

back glass sucks...it gave me problems....the rear gate glass trim is hard to get off..I left it on and dealt with sliding the film around it .....the door are messed up it has a weird front edge where it is hard to trim it to glass....you will see what I mean right away....

qtrs are easy no shrinkig and fits in good...tight but not bad...cut'em tight

doors have a crap load of felt on the top and back edge ...it slide in (back) good....just watch the front edge when making your pattern

and the rear it just sucked....didnt seem to bad to shrink....till you started and two of the corners get tough one top one bottom.....and once it is on the glass evdn thought it was done on the out side ...on the inside I got fingers on the sides....and since the trim was still on it was hard to hard card it and fingers on the sides are hard to make go away anyway....

got it done took 45 mins....

on and the guy was worrying about his navagation system.....seems the xm satallite is on the roof and the gps is in the back glass....well he and I tested it while he was at the shop ...it was working fine...with a HP char film...(suntek)

Archived