B class Mercedes...scratching problems?

goodtohave

I bought a set of felt for my car for $10 from a forum member (not here). My car had plastic/rubber seals that would hug the windows. When I applied this, I used sand paper and sanded the plastic/rubber seal to make the surface ruff and cleaned it off with alcohol. Then I applied the felt strip to the top edge of the seal all the way to the end of the strip.

Many people here say Mercedes don't need felt. As for me, I did. You should check out your seals. Roll down your window all the way and look at the seals that are near the side mirrors. Take a look at the seals if they are plastic/rubber or if they have felt or moleskin. If there isn't I would suggest you add felt to it, for safety, in case the plastic/rubber scratches the film. If you would like to know where you can get felt, you can PM me or leave your email and I'll give you the seller info. However I will not guarantee that it will cost $10. But to let you know, a shop wanted to charge me 20$ for each window. And I did this myself for $10 and about 2 hours of work, being careful with the door panels, because it is my first time doing anything like this and not to break the door clips.

Hope this helps.

Archived