No attatchment system for 3M security film?

Guest MoW

Guest bwoodham

I have installed many different mil. films.Not saying that other man. films dont work ,but 3m film you cant rip easly when installing . Attachments are always recommended.dow 995. Why waste your money haveing someone install a 4 mil when you can go thicker. I'm pretty sure that only up to 6 mil has the 26 micro layer tech. I have also seen galss stay in its frame when double layerd (inside and out)both sides attached.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have installed many different mil. films.Not saying that other man. films dont work ,but 3m film you cant rip easly when installing . Attachments are always recommended.dow 995. Why waste your money haveing someone install a 4 mil when you can go thicker. I'm pretty sure that only up to 6 mil has the 26 micro layer tech. I have also seen galss stay in its frame  when double layerd (inside and out)both sides attached.

[*]400255

3M 6 mil has 1 1/2 times the number of layer as 4 mil - for a total of 39 layers.

If installed outside it will have limited lifetime as it's not made to be exterior compatible.

Guest Key West
I have installed many different mil. films.Not saying that other man. films dont work ,but 3m film you cant rip easly when installing . Attachments are always recommended.dow 995. Why waste your money haveing someone install a 4 mil when you can go thicker. I'm pretty sure that only up to 6 mil has the 26 micro layer tech. I have also seen galss stay in its frame  when double layerd (inside and out)both sides attached.

[*]400255

3m only manufacturs the "Ultra" (micro layered) in 2 and 4 mil. the 6 mil is NOT micro layered. I just hung a bunch of it, and it will tear just like any one elses. :inot

Guest 1PEECBARETTA
That's odd, because I have some Ultra 600 that won't tear during installing about 40 feet away from me.

[*]402919

YOUR MOMMA'S ODD. :inot

Guest Key West
3m only manufacturs the "Ultra" (micro layered) in 2 and 4 mil. the 6 mil is NOT micro layered.

[*]402917

That's not what they say.

They SAY alot. They even claim to have invented window film (of course, so does Madico) Unless 3M JUST started mfgring thier 6 mil, I have a box in my garage that was shipped by them last year. I tears just like anyone elses.

We did a bunch of Armed forces recruiting centers last year with it. :finger:

Archived