scaffolding

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Because we don't need IG units downunder, do you have to do a "glass to film" spreadsheet to see if is going to be thermally safe or do you just grin and bare it hoping for no cracks?

Devil

film to glass charts and experience. never just grin and bare it and hope for the best :dunno

I remember when I was a kid 12 or so , Dad sending me up 8 and 10 ft ladders while holding tint ,no safety gear and in industrial situations ..no body cared back then :lol6 ..it's just the way it was done.

Never see it happening now ..it built character:lol

Hey Blade,

If you were caught downunder working in "an unsafe work environment" like the picture showed, you'd be in huge trouble with our government body known as "Worksafe."

The fines are quite substantial and the law is that any working platform station above 2 m (6') off the deck has to have scaffold erected.

Devil

actually yes we do have those laws here devil. some employers ignore certain laws sometimes

:beer

dayamn...anything above 6ft. has to be done on scaffolding? that would suck. :) they're dual pane clear windows. SG's solar bronze 20 on the uppers and 35 on the lowers. took us about 3 1/2 hours to do.

:) anything above 6ft

No...Tinting windows like that off ladders sucks. :lol Once you try scaffolding, you won't go back. :lol2

:lol6:beer true that mang.

Blade, just go on Ebay and get a few sets, maybe two...they're arent hard at all to build for a job... :lol2

Guest S and S
It takes a whopping 10 minutes. :DD I felt the same as you for a long time...renting scaffolding sucks...but when you have it....you wonder how you did without.

Yea what he said!! it takes about 10 minutes and about 10 to break down but damn there is a lot of jobs I wish I did have it on! I rented it for a while but ended up buying. We usually have to have 2 sets on residential jobs here....most the time log cabins with windows 20 to 25 foot up. They were 600 a set, yes steep but well worth it.

I like you ladders by the way!! Little Giants right?

I have the same thing except instead of red on the side they are blue becasue they are werner from lowes and a hell of a lot cheaper!! SAME EXACT THING!! Just made by lowes. They are so freaking sturdy.

Guest darkdan

And that's not the proper way to sit on one of those ladders, but he seems to be enjoying it.

Do yall use the baker's scaffolding or what type do you prefer?

Archived