07 Rabbit 2.5

Guest Al-tint

Guest willie
I tinted one today, the backglass is quite abit harder to tint than the GOLF. The RABBIT glass has more of a WRAP effect on the ends. I got it dryshrinking it but thebottom corners gave me hell.

looks good :rollin

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Al-tint
I do about 5 of these a year and never thought much about it. fairly easy is you ask me.

This model has only been out for a month.

I tinted one today, the backglass is quite abit harder to tint than the GOLF. The RABBIT glass has more of a WRAP effect on the ends. I got it dryshrinking it but thebottom corners gave me hell.

Thank you. Now someone who has actually tinted one knows what I am talking about.

Guest losdawg

I had another tint shop bring me one of these cuz they couldnt do it. He brought his film which was Global HP and I coulndnt get it down in one so we used my film...suntek hp and it was still a pain the the arse. But I got it down after some time. Not looking foward to doing these on a regular basis :)

I havn't had the chance to tint one of these yet..by the sounds of it, I'm not looking forward to it :)

how's the gasket removal on these cars ? do they pop out like 2000 style Jetta's/golfs without having to remove the panel ?

Guest naughtydog

I have done about 6 of these with varying success...initially I struggled, I now find that if you anchor the sides into the clear glass by about 2 inches it will force the fingers towards the middle and reduce the amount of struggle you have on the corners. Dont leave too much at the sides - that's my method.

My LluLuu rep can do these, he cuts the film right to the edge of the glass and then allows one big finger to form which is then shrank to the outside of the matrix - this allows you to lose " a lot of baggage" as he calls it.

I do these in powder as in soap - I find you can burn them a little easier once it starts drying up.

My 2p

Naughty

I have done about 6 of these with varying success...initially I struggled, I now find that if you anchor the sides into the clear glass by about 2 inches it will force the fingers towards the middle and reduce the amount of struggle you have on the corners. Dont leave too much at the sides - that's my method.

My LluLuu rep can do these, he cuts the film right to the edge of the glass and then allows one big finger to form which is then shrank to the outside of the matrix - this allows you to lose " a lot of baggage" as he calls it.

I do these in powder as in soap - I find you can burn them a little easier once it starts drying up.

My 2p

Naughty

I forgot to add...I have seen this glass out of a car and the aerial connections are right on the edge of the matrix, if you cut your pattern and allow too much space to the side of the matrix when installing, you will get fingers at the side because you are filming over the electrical connection.

Guest Al-tint
I forgot to add...I have seen this glass out of a car and the aerial connections are right on the edge of the matrix, if you cut your pattern and allow too much space to the side of the matrix when installing, you will get fingers at the side because you are filming over the electrical connection.

Thanks. :)

well I have done two now and the second was a pain in that azz also :) wet shrinking

Since I do alot of tint papers for the local VW dealer I am sure I will be tinting them daily :evilgrin not really looking forward to that :)

Archived