07 Rabbit 2.5

Guest Al-tint

Guest darkdan

The one I did a few weeks ago was a PITA.

cobra_gti.jpg

Took three times. First shrank really well, but got dirty because it's so tight back there. Second try just went FUBAR on the shrink. Third try, slow and steady and careful and it got on there.

I kept my cut as close as possible and didn't have much to worry about. A few fingers along the bottom that I heated out.

The rest of the car was easy.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Diamond Tints
I have pics now to show you why I don't like this back glass.

06 Golf - The back glass is realitively flat.

rabbit3.jpg

06 Golf - It has a curve at the end.

rabbit4.jpg

Now the 07 Rabbit.

The glass is about the same size, but the compound curve on this thing is a pita.

07 Rabbit 2.5

rabbit1.jpg

07 Rabbit side curve

rabbit2.jpg

Have fun when you get one. Let me know what brand of LIMO film you use that will shrink to this. :lol6

Ok in uk the first one is a mk4 golf and 2nd pic is mk5 golf I have done about 10-12 of these at the start they where a right pain, now can shrink in about 15 mins from start to finish in 1 section no probs :evilgrin

Guest darkdan
sweet Cobra DD, is it yours?

Not sure about the redneck rims :evilgrin

HA! I wish.

I did both of those cars. I also did a Saleen 281 for his friend (not pictured), but the guy with the Cobra also owns a Saleen 351 (not pictured).

I drive this:

aspire04.jpg

I have done a few Rabbits and an 07 GTI (same thing glass wise)

The back window was a bit of a pain, I just went slow on the (dry) shrink and did it one piece but no one has mentioned the front doors!

The front part of the front door glass has to be cut a FULL INCH longer then normal as the window moves backwards as it closes (is has a double angle at the front).

I scrapped 3 doors in a row the first time I did one. I then marked the extra I need to cut with a paint marker on a chizler, if I remember correctly it is an exact inch of extra you need.

Archived