Door Panel Removel

Guest scottstinting

I never realized people done that.After 18 yrs I might have had to take a few that were a problem peeler but never all

How do you make any money taking all that cheap stuff apart

back in the day . our business would take out the windows and tint them in a lint free room. ever single car that came in our shop, winows out! back windows, side windows, you name it! but not up until like around 97-98 where we started to just take apart panels, then we discovered we dont have to take off panels on some cars, now a days, its very rare for us to remove panels, most tuck, or slide film. :beer

Actually learned from a guy who took everything apart, it's a more "forgiving" method, less room for error......I don't take most panels off, but some,(BMWs, Tauruses, frickin' Jetta''s, passats, etc.), it makes life sooo much easier......but I don't break much (anymore :smoker ), that takes years of reptition.......

I pull panels all the time. pulled several today. just like yesterday. and never break shiat. I can tint without pulling 'em too. what I do depends on the car.

if you don't wanna pull 'em don't. if ya do (and can) then do. I'm not gonna preach to anyone about what's right or wrong. everybody does things different. but don't give me some BS line about "if you can't tint without pulling panels then your in the wrong business!" (I've seen it posted on here before)

Guest scottstinting

To each HIS or HER own . Neither way is right or wrong its what it looks like when its done and did ya make some $$$$$ at the end of the day

I'm not what I call a "Fast" tinter. I do cars in about 2.5 hours for a typical 4 door. I take my time and usually find that I can do a car in about the same amount of time whether I pull panels or not because putting the film on is much easier with panels off.

So, usually I pull seals only and if I have to I pull panels and I'm happy.

I pull panels all the time. pulled several today. just like yesterday. and never break shiat. I can tint without pulling 'em too. what I do depends on the car.

if you don't wanna pull 'em don't. if ya do (and can) then do. I'm not gonna preach to anyone about what's right or wrong. everybody does things different. but don't give me some BS line about "if you can't tint without pulling panels then your in the wrong business!" (I've seen it posted on here before)

:dunno There are some cars out there that are an EASIER install if you take off panels and a few cars out there that will come out BETTER if you take off panels. Many cars you can get away with not pulling panels by using a gasket wizard or pulling out just the gasket giving to the benefit as if you pulled the panel. As far as breaking panels ... just know your job and charge appropriately if needed to be done. I won't argue which is the right way or wrong way either..my nose just gets out of joint when other tinters who choose NOT to ever pull panels claim that other tinters will break panels if doing so because they fear this themselves.

Lately, I've been pulling panels like a mofo, I've been doing glass forever and it just makes some things easier and faster. Grand Marquis/Crown Vic, Pull back the panels on Sable/Taurus, newer Dodge trucks, there are a few. I can get all the panels off something like the Crown Vic in about 4-5 minutes, and that saves a ton of time dealing with felt and fingers, just peel the full pattern and drop the puppy down the door, same with the taurus, not to mention you don't have a big gap on the back doors. Ohh actually I pulle the panels on a s70 volvo, took like 30 minutes for the two of us to tint it start to finish.

Archived