CP Films Precision Cut Plotter "Stay Away"

Guest NJTINT

Guest NJTINT

I just wat to get the word out and let you all know, I have had nothing but problems with is product. May be 50% of the time you will get a roll up window to fill like it should. Most of the time the micro edge is way off. I also have a problem with the plotter cutting a simple square. It only cuts 3 sides. I have called plenty of times and have gotten no where. " Just the run around" people SAVE your money and go somewhere else.

Just venting!

KC

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

out of curuosity have you tried adjusting your settings on the plotter?

and what brand of plotter are you using?

several people have complained about the tinttek program but I havnt had any problems with fit, only when the plotter is off. also some have had problems with CC yet the old shop I used to work at only had problems with the plotter, not the program.

I just wat to get the word out and let you all know, I have had nothing but problems with is product. May be 50% of the time you will get a roll up window to fill like it should. Most of the time the micro edge is way off. I also have a problem with the plotter cutting a simple square. It only cuts 3 sides. I have called plenty of times and have gotten no where. " Just the run around" people SAVE your money and go somewhere else.

Just venting!

KC

Most of the time its an operater error blaming it on the computer! :finger:

Just venting!

KC

most of us old timers know the guy in CP technical services that cuts the patterns

I know better, he is really pickly about the quality

and technical should give you excellent service

unless you are calling your rep that sold you the thing :beach

those guys are not tech support :beer

Guest tintdawg

I've used the big two, and they seem to have the same problem. The patterns are someones elses perception of how they would cut it(sometimes I wonder if they are even tinters). You will have a problem with any program you use, because it's not the way you would have done it.

here's the problem........

NOT EVERY WINDOW IS EXACTLY THE SAME....line up 20 honda accords and the driver's door is gonna be slightly different every one of 'em.

you can't expect a computer cutting program to be perfect every time.

Guest tintgod
here's the problem........

NOT EVERY WINDOW IS EXACTLY THE SAME....line up 20 honda accords and the driver's door is gonna be slightly different every one of 'em.

you can't expect a computer cutting program to be perfect every time.

:beer and..the computer programs are only as good as the person cutting the patterns for it.

Reminds me of the older 89 - 92 or so Chev trucks with the black border on each side of the roll down doors , the ..you had to be dead on or you had overlap onto the border sucking in craap. Each truck was a little different from the next..how's the computer going to know this?

Archived