I'd hate to be the tinter involved

Im friends with a bunch of guys who own body shops, and tinted cars involved in accidents in this town are a very small percentage of their business. Maybe the people to blame for her driving are the people who have allowed her to continue to drive. IMO.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
dude, it's so bad here, a burgler can sue you if he gets hurt while robbing your home :mad

That' fugged up..if that happened in my neck of the woods, we'd roll the burgler up a fat :mad to numb the pain from hurting himself and treat him to a pizza once he got the munchies, have a few laughs about it and send him on his way :dunno

Guest onepiecemastr

dude, it's so bad here, a burgler can sue you if he gets hurt while robbing your home :mad

That' fugged up..if that happened in my neck of the woods, we'd roll the burgler up a fat :mad to numb the pain from hurting himself and treat him to a pizza once he got the munchies, have a few laughs about it and send him on his way :lol6

I've actually hear of a guy that broke a window to rob a house and got cut real bad and had to go to the hospital and he sued the homeowner and won :dunno

If it is a large tint shop that did the work and they think there is $$ to be had, they will sue I would guess.

One lesson from this story is that I have NEVER gone less than the legal limit on the front sides, and never will.

I could have retired by now very rich if I would do illegal tint, but nope ! I will continue to plug to make a buck to get through each day.

I believe the limit here in Texas is now 28% but I only put on 35 which makes it 32% ?

And the folks who want the rear roll downs dark, nope !

35% or nothing on all side roll downs.

I heard I story about a robber that got looked in the garage of a house. the power was off. he survived on dog food. sued the owner of the house, because they were on vacation. he was in there too long. DUMB ASS :lol6:mad:dunno:mad:mad:mad:bat:bat:bat:bat

Guest TintingRookie

Being a professional tinter, can't you have some sort of verbage on a receipt that states, "I know the tinting laws for my state and am aware that (Tint Shop's Name) will not be liable for any accidents/tickets, due to illegally tinted windows."

The reason I ask this is that everyone I know gets their cars illegally tinted, most end up taking it off after a few tickets, but what I'm concerned about (and yes USA is a sue-happy country) is what this article is saying...tint *may* have caused this person to not see a pedestrian and either the family of the victim, the city/state, or the driver of the vehicle would try to sue the tinter.

Does anyone make their customer's sign a document stating that they made that person aware of the current tint laws in their area?

the person wasn't in the road, he would not have got hit. I about hit someone everyday in atlanta. people always not walking on cross walks. I roll down the window and tell them to get the fukk out of the road.

Guest Sprinter
Being a professional tinter, can't you have some sort of verbage on a receipt that states, "I know the tinting laws for my state and am aware that (Tint Shop's Name) will not be liable for any accidents/tickets, due to illegally tinted windows."

The reason I ask this is that everyone I know gets their cars illegally tinted, most end up taking it off after a few tickets, but what I'm concerned about (and yes USA is a sue-happy country) is what this article is saying...tint *may* have caused this person to not see a pedestrian and either the family of the victim, the city/state, or the driver of the vehicle would try to sue the tinter.

Does anyone make their customer's sign a document stating that they made that person aware of the current tint laws in their area?

no won[t work or hold up in court.

Those waivers have been used against the tinter, it is basically an admission by the tinter that he/she knowingly installed illegal tint. That waiver can and has bit tinters in the arse.

Archived