Free Heat Gun for Life

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've got a lifetime warranty on my starter in my Jeep that I got from Auto Zone. I've probably gone thru 3 or 4 at least. Is that wrong? I don't think so.

The're the ones who use the cheaper starters just because they know they will be going thru alot of them. Ace obviously knows how long you've used it (reciept) and what condition its in. Do you think they would have that policy if it wasn't good business. What about Tint? A customers had film on their car 10 - 12 years or so. Sure he's gotten his moneys worth, but hey it's a lifetime warranty. We wouldn't give it if wasn't good business. (Actually I wouldn't give one. But all you other damn tint shops are doing it. So I have to).

I couldn't possibly agree more with what you said here!

no, as soon as it fires up hot, I throw the box out ..I've got over 10 working heatguns I've collected over the yrs..I've only ever had one die on me from being faulty, the others died of natural use (or ran over a couple :rollin )

me neither I'v hade the same gun ....fer 2 years.

I beat the hell out of em.... :lol

then I buy a new one.

:lol

I couldn't possibly agree more with what you said here!

:lol

Don't even get me going on what I think about "Lifetime Warranties" :rollin ..I remember at time when we could sell a tint job based on "The Truth" and it was excepted by consumers ..it only took 1 manufacturer to ruin everything for other manufacturers and tinters where now we all have to sell "Untruths" :lol

I should add to my last comment that although I sell a lifetime warranty , I tell the customer how long I feel the film will REALLY last on their car ..(I think most of them actually appreciate the honesty) :rollin

Guest tintman AZ
so how do we get a free heat gun?........ :tantrum

You don't, you just pay a one time price for life as long as you don't destroy it. Just like our customers can bring a car back as many times as it goes bad. Just as long as they are the ones who bought the tint job. :beer

Guest tintman AZ
Don't even get me going on what I think about "Lifetime Warranties" :beer ..I remember at time when we could sell a tint job based on "The Truth" and it was excepted by consumers ..it only took 1 manufacturer to ruin everything for other manufacturers and tinters where now we all have to sell "Untruths" :tantrum

I don't think were really selling it on "Untruths". I know I will tell them its a lifetime warranty for as long as they own the car (or home). And sometimes I will mention that I'm sure the Manufacturers are counting on them selling the car before it goes bad. But hey, thats a pretty good warranty since the're covered while they own it.

Guest Beeline
I just replaced mine 2 days ago.If my heatgun lasts 3 months or more, It has done it's job. I gladly pay for another one. Good buisness karma I think.

I'm with you. I don't have the time to be babying my GUN. :tantrum

I don't think were really selling it on "Untruths". I know I will tell them its a lifetime warranty for as long as they own the car (or home). And sometimes I will mention that I'm sure the Manufacturers are counting on them selling the car before it goes bad. But hey, thats a pretty good warranty since the're covered while they own it.

I hear what your saying...but if a customer is the kind that hangs on his car for 10 + yrs and parks out in the sun all day..hes going to have a false sense of what the job is going to look like down the road compared to your leaser or 5 yr owner . I just like keeping it real . Most customers understand it ..but I've had a few freak on my a$$ when they don't understand why when I install product on their car I'm saying expect to get 5-7 yrs out of it where another installer putting on the same product looks the customer in the eye and says it'll last forever!

(not to be confused with the fact that I will take care of the customer if he comes back with his warranty slip..I just like keeping it real is all) :tantrum

Archived