Free Heat Gun for Life

Guest tintman AZ
I hear what your saying...but if a customer is the kind that hangs on his car for 10 + yrs and parks out in the sun all day..hes going to have a false sense of what the job is going to look like down the road compared to your leaser or 5 yr owner . I just like keeping it real . Most customers understand it ..but I've had a few freak on my a$$ when they don't understand why when I install product on their car I'm saying expect to get 5-7 yrs out of it where another installer putting on the same product looks the customer in the eye and says it'll last forever!

(not to be confused with the fact that I will take care of the customer if he comes back with his warranty slip..I just like keeping it real is all) :beer

I hear ya. :tantrum

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What sucks is we have bought two just recently that worked for about a week and died! Try getting that shiot taken care of when you buy it online!

what kind were they :drevil

I hear what your saying...but if a customer is the kind that hangs on his car for 10 + yrs and parks out in the sun all day..hes going to have a false sense of what the job is going to look like down the road compared to your leaser or 5 yr owner . I just like keeping it real . Most customers understand it ..but I've had a few freak on my a$$ when they don't understand why when I install product on their car I'm saying expect to get 5-7 yrs out of it where another installer putting on the same product looks the customer in the eye and says it'll last forever!

(not to be confused with the fact that I will take care of the customer if he comes back with his warranty slip..I just like keeping it real is all) :DD

right on Wiz :beer

Guest streetsounds
Make sure there is no physical damage to the heatgun :thumb:beer:klingon:gasp:lol2:lol2:lol2:lol2 :lol2 :lol2:lol2:lol2 :lol2 :lol2:lol2 ::lol2:lol2:lol2:lol2

how do u do that I just ran mine over the other day (still works) they would never take mine back

Guest yellohx

I had a to get a new heat gun the other day and the guy at lowes asked me If I tinted Windows with it. I said yeah and he told me that I was on myown with that because they wouldnt replace it if they had proof it was for tinting so yeah I guess it is a policy at lowes not to exchange them for tinters.

Guest 1PEECBARETTA

I 've heard the same thing. It's not a policy against tinters directly. The warrenty on some heatguns say that it does'nt cover any professional use, only light duty around the house use.

I 've heard the same thing. It's not a policy against tinters directly. The warrenty on some heatguns say that it does'nt cover any professional use, only light duty around the house use.

I wouldn't even try my heat gun looks like it got sucked into a jet engine by the time it passes on I dont use a holster or anything just pitch the damn thing on the floor

Guest tintman AZ

I was afraid we had been Black Balled.

zeus I gotta take your side,

I bought one from ace because of that warranty, then 3 days later when the coil went out and I tried to replace it, they looked at my shirt and said they wouldnt replace it if it was for business use only personal use.

the gun was a crapper so I bought the fancy blue makita and 3 years later its still shrinkin like new,

and If your willing to lie to the store about it, there goes your concious prickin you in the "bottom"

then again I like getting stuff for free! :dunno

Guest tintman AZ

I finally had a chance to talk to my buddy who owns the local Ace Hardware, and he agreed with my first post, saying that he'll take them back 'cause he just sends them back himself. If he finds it happens quite often then he just quits stocking that type of heat gun, which he said he had to do with a certain type of garden hose because it would dry rot quickly if left in the sun all the time. Which is what we would do if we had a certain brand of film that would go bad quickly, we'd be switching brands in a heartbeat.

Archived