CPFilms, Screwing the pooch?

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest vclimber

I agree with Pierce, how many jobs are you going to lose to DIY'ers? Probably not a lot but when you add it to jobs lost to other competitors then things may get substantial. So what do you do? Blame it all on a MFG? Or do we add to the problem as well by the way we do business?

If we don't change our habits, we are just going to burn through a lot of suppliers for one excuse or another until there are no more left.

Guest Retro Tint

dan-mark :lol2 "dont think you can compare tintin to other trades."

This is what I find humorous.

It is a smaller market but competition is no more than other trades. There is probably no wall paper emergencies either but many folks make a good living hanging it professionally because they produce professional quality. Lots of wall paper sold diy.

The one thing that keeps us around is the fact that you can give someone the best of film and it will do them no good. Its difficult trade to learn.

Last time I checked the competition was in the phonebook not at walmart.

As for your prior post, I was just trying to expand on the thought.

I never wallpapered in my life , then one day my dad had me do his bathroom (little shapes and patterns to line up) Tinting skills definitely came in handy to do a decent job!

I MUCH prefer tinting though :lol2

Guest darkdan

I swear 60% of my customers say:

"I tried tinting my own windows once way back when..................Now I know better."

Like I said, Gila has been selling precut for years. Ebay has it all over the place. Best Buy project failed.

We have NOTHING to worry about.

Guest jason11286
I never wallpapered in my life , then one day my dad had me do his bathroom (little shapes and patterns to line up) Tinting skills definitely came in handy to do a decent job!

I MUCH prefer tinting though :barf

seriously! :spit I was helpin my sister wallpaper her nursery for her baby on the way......NEVER again! give me a couple eclipse's and maybe a couple vw bugs every week before I try to wallpaper another thing in my life

this is a very interesting thread I must say.......both sides have very good points

Archived