CPFilms, Screwing the pooch?

Backfire huh?

Look, the front page of this site does nothing but warn that tinting is NOT a DIY project and that the site is for skilled tinters. So please don't say I'm just as bad as some company selling DIY kits, saying it's easy and that it will look good, nothing could be further from the truth.

Speaking of money, which is really none of your business, I ran this site for years, out of my pocket, not earning a dime.

I ASKED the members if they would mind if I put some ads on the site before I did. Everyone encouraged me to do so. This has been a tremendous amount of work and stress to keep going, so please don't bust my balls because there are ads on the site.

Can you name a couple major sites that do not have advertising?

CPF made that press release, and I simply commented that I believe it's a bad idea and why. I didn't attack the company, the film, or anyone's person.

Your taking it the wrong way of what I intended by saying that

I am saying after a while of thinking about it I really dont think anyone has really done any harm here. what I ment about its all about money your website is your passion and most of us will do anything to further our passions that takes money we all want to sucseed and be our best even cpf films we all make unedjucated mistakes like cpf flims is doing now in the strive to better ourselves and our famlys some people just get in our way of our own goals in the atempt to acheave theirs and I think thats just life. my apologies to your offence

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Tintin' Magician

It is a bad idea, especially with a B-grade film, it's an uphill battle as it is with all those bubbly back windows out there, and now were going to have to fight purple windows with distorted views.......plus whose going to have to remove the film when it does go bad?

No offence taken, I was just stating the facts.

You guys use words like grudge, backfire, finger pointing, favoritism and hypocrisy for me stating that I believed this new DIY thing is a bad idea and why, so I set the record straight.

The post started a good debate and there's nothing wrong with that :thumb:klingon

Guest vclimber

You guys use words like grudge, backfire, finger pointing, favoritism and hypocrisy for me stating that I believed this new DIY thing is a bad idea and why, so I set the record straight.

I used grudge and finger pointing because that's what it appears to be in past posts and pulls TD. I'll refer you back to a thread in which you posted this after you pulled your personal comment about Llumar and CP... If that wasn't a grudge or hard feelings??? Hey if that's the way you feel, fine it's your site and your right. I just found this thread to be ironic in more ways than a MFG going into business against it's own dealer base and the rest of the retail dealers out there... That's my take and my opinion on what was posted.

We aren't biased, we have no allegiance to any brand, threads get pulled when they degenerate into arguments and or outright bashing.

Posting all this help online is no different -imo than from what CP is doing. How many competitors have we introduced into the market and how many DIY'ers have we helped? I find find it funny that we worry about one so much and not the other.

MFG's pull the rug out from under dealers in other ways too. Look at large Government or Commercial Contracts where they sell direct and have the dealer install, look at how they set up designers and window coverings companies to sell against flatgass dealers. All of the big guns do it, they are constantly looking for revenue streams like any business does. So if we're going to get all bent out of shape about one MFG selling car kits, we'd better look at the others and see what they are doing before we start burning our supllier account #'s.

Two things will always happen. MFG's will cross dealers paths in the retail market and Pros will post here and help people. Personally, I don't think this is a big deal on both ends, but I do think that one can't be blamed without blaming the other. :klingon

:klingon

You're right. We all know that not everyone can become a window tinter it takes a certain set of skills. I've seen people come for a job and give in, I've had people bring kits in for me to install - which I've refused. These kit selling companies eventually get so much flak they give up.

This Idea from CP Films will give us short term pain but in the long term it will not work and people will use the pro's. In the end they will see the level of skill involved and pay for a good job by an expeirenced Pro.

just my :thumb

Man, I don't know.

I wish you guys knew how hard it is to run this place. I doubt many of you could without having a nervous breakdown, I know I couldn't.

I'll never make everyone happy and I'll always make mistakes, just like everyone else, except my mistakes are seen world wide.

I wish I was perfect, I wish this place was perfect.

What can I say man. I'm doing my best here, and I'm not out to get anyone.

I'm sorry if I was out of line for starting this thread.

Guest vclimber
Man, I don't know.

I wish you guys knew how hard it is to run this place. I doubt many of you could without having a nervous breakdown, I know I couldn't.

I'll never make everyone happy and I'll always make mistakes, just like everyone else, except my mistakes are seen world wide.

I wish I was perfect, I wish this place was perfect.

What can I say man. I'm doing my best here, and I'm not out to get anyone.

I'm sorry if I was out of line for starting this thread.

You absolutely are right TD, I don't know how hard it is to run this site. I probably couldn't run it. You're not perfect and I'm not either. Don't get upset, I just had a personal opinion and it probably would have wen't towards whomever started the topic. There are a lot of us that probably would have missed that PR if it weren't for you. It is industry news, it should be posted and you were right in doing so. Sorry :klingon

Archived