CPFilms, Screwing the pooch?

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's how I got started!

OMG! I ruined the industry!

It's very possibile that I also contributed to some tinters relocation. Mostly due to auto part store rolls of tint. [love that Trimbrite].... and working to early hours of the morning in pops house garage. Folks would drive by on the way home from the night shift and see my twisted car collection and toss me their keys. I sometimes got $25.00 more than the main drag hackers. That was 25+ yr's ago and & I was 17. Back then my Llumar film was also distributed from an Regional dist.. who also was home based in New Jersey. All it took be a Llumar customer was a gee note. There was no Martin service center in tristate in 81........CP films has come a long way since, hope they do well with their new venture. Solar films are for everyone. Gila will bring awareness to the whole trade with their new marketing and hopefully we beniefit in the long run.......... I even give my diy,ers customers a free ten minute stand & watch lesson with a film to go sale, were do you think all of the end of the rolls go...and used tools.

Guest Tintin' Magician

I like the "Destroy it yourself" touch TD added to the bottom of the forum page. I mean, honestly, the people who will use the DIY kits are the same ones who buy it already, usually they come to us and we make money for the removal as well. I've went into peoples homes that have had the gila stuff TAPED up ( Scotch tape on the corners) to their sliding glass doors! So, the way I'm looking at it now, maybe this will weed out the cheap-o's who want you to do for the lowest possible price and then complain about every lil' speck and imperfection that's in the film.

Guest 1PEECBARETTA

I operate in a high end high dollar market, diy kits are not going to affect me one bit. Most people around here have too much money and wouldn't be caught doing anything thierselves.

Guest 1PEECBARETTA
That avatar's killing me t. detective. When I first glanced at it I could of swore it was a :dunno Nevermind :dunno .

I guess you have'nt seen to many of them ,have you? :beer

Archived