CPFilms, Screwing the pooch?

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For those who insist on trying to tint their own car, tips are offered

to help out the person so they don't completely destroy their windows.

Plus, when they come to us for a redo, we have windows still in decent shape so our work doesn't look like crap.

Guest vclimber

I just think it is funny, no... ironic.

Here is a website TintDude.com with a chat board to help people with window tinting. It is supposed to be unbiased towards film brands and I think :klingon it is supposed to offer help to those that need it and that would most likely include the DIY'er. Where else would one go to learn how tint thier car or home?

So many here offer more comprehensive help than money could buy. The collective knowledge and experience that is offered at all hours is amazing. However, I'm sure that at the same time it has also created competitors and sent ones off to do tint jobs themselves that they would have otherwise sent to a pro.

So my point is that you can take your grudge out or point the finger at your least favorite mfg but at the same time you have to remember that there are 4 fingers pointing back at yourself. How many DIY'ers are going to go out and buy themselves a Gila car kit and come here to learn how to put it on? And how many on this site are going to unknowingly teach them how? Is that ALL CP Films fault? :thumb

Guest haroldshouseoftint

Here is a website TintDude.com with a chat board to help people with window tinting. It is supposed to be unbiased towards film brands and I think :thumb it is supposed to offer help to those that need it and that would most likely include the DIY'er. Where else would one go to learn how tint thier car or home?

So many here offer more comprehensive help than money could buy. The collective knowledge and experience that is offered at all hours is amazing. However, I'm sure that at the same time it has also created competitors and sent ones off to do tint jobs themselves that they would have otherwise sent to a pro.

So my point is that you can take your grudge out or point the finger at your least favorite mfg but at the same time you have to remember that there are 4 fingers pointing back at yourself. How many DIY'ers are going to go out and buy themselves a Gila car kit and come here to learn how to put it on? And how many on this site are going to unknowingly teach them how? Is that ALL CP Films fault? :gasp

Once again V very good point you have too much knowlege I like the finger pointing anolgy never realized that 3 not 4 point back :lol2 but ya I have seen alot of threads about what to do and best way to do it on here :lol2

:beer:klingon

Here is a website TintDude.com with a chat board to help people with window tinting. It is supposed to be unbiased towards film brands and I think :thumb it is supposed to offer help to those that need it and that would most likely include the DIY'er. Where else would one go to learn how tint thier car or home?

So my point is that you can take your grudge out or point the finger at your least favorite mfg but at the same time you have to remember that there are 4 fingers pointing back at yourself. How many DIY'ers are going to go out and buy themselves a Gila car kit and come here to learn how to put it on? And how many on this site are going to unknowingly teach them how? Is that ALL CP Films fault? :lol2

I don't understand 100% of text but :klingon:gasp:lol2

And as far as I know LluLlu expand D.I.Y. more and more.....

And why not to do it if it is one more way to make $$$$?

There are expensive FERRARI - ENZO, and there are FERRARI for everybody :lol2 Modena....

And TD.COM best source for D.I.Y. people :beer

Guest vclimber
:thumb

sorry to backfire this grudge thread

:klingon

Window Tinting Kits/Rolls

Save 30% to 50% on Pre-Cut Kits or Rolls shipped right to your door

www.windowtint.com

Tint Kits

Pre-cut Window Tint Kits for over 1500 vehicles - Solar Gard Film

www.TintKits.com

Backfire huh?

Look, the front page of this site does nothing but warn that tinting is NOT a DIY project and that the site is for skilled tinters. So please don't say I'm just as bad as some company selling DIY kits, saying it's easy and that it will look good, nothing could be further from the truth.

Speaking of money, which is really none of your business, I ran this site for years, out of my pocket, not earning a dime.

I ASKED the members if they would mind if I put some ads on the site before I did. Everyone encouraged me to do so. This has been a tremendous amount of work and stress to keep going, so please don't bust my balls because there are ads on the site.

Can you name a couple major sites that do not have advertising?

CPF made that press release, and I simply commented that I believe it's a bad idea and why. I didn't attack the company, the film, or anyone's person.

Speaking of money, which is really none of your business, I ran this site for years, out of my pocket, not earning a dime.

You are the hero, Ric and that no joke! ThanX! I also do many things not making any dime - but people don't believe it. It's human psyhology - to count money in others pocket.

I ASKED the members if they would mind if I put some ads on the site before I did. Everyone encouraged me to do so. This has been a tremendous amount of work and stress to keep going, so please don't bust my balls because there are ads on the site.

I think ADVERTISING MUST BE HERE, like we saw ad on TV, newspapers, walls, cars e.t.c. - no advertsing - no life. I am sure nobody will send You money check - IT'S FOR YOUR WEB, RIC.

P.S. I am really sad that can't understand 100% of texts here :klingon

Archived