Mastering 3M CS

Guest CajunTinter
I'm just in love with those three little Ms though.

It makes my job so much easier. I don't have to "convince" anyone of anything.

People used to ask me, "Well, is it good tint?" And I'd have to explain to them I'm trying to build a good reputation. I started carrying 3M and I no longer get that question.

I used to think the same thing before I dropped the film with the little m's way back when.... I am soo thankful I made that move!!! :rollin

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest redgtxdi

After, now, having the 3M CS installed, I must say that it's probably less impressive than I originally thought..........BUT..........

I'm impressed with the color. It's very rich and almost hard to describe. It's not green (good, imho), but it's also a little half-grey and half-bronze. My guess would be that 3M pursued a neutral color-match for factory tinted glass to appeal to the masses. I think their color choice is a success.

I also agree that the optical quality is good, but nothing special. Except for the bottom-line films, most major brands make good middle & high-end films w/ great clarity already............BUT.........I don't like the residual of heat shrinking in the 3M CS. I didn't shrink mine and I don't think I'd have done better, but the Suntek HP that I *did* shrink on my other car is quite clean in comparison.

I like the color of the 3M CS better, but I think the Suntek HP is a great color already.

I've used Llumar, SolarGard & Suntek. Having played w/ all 3, I think I'd choose Suntek if I had my own shop.

I'd like to use some Madico to evaluate it based on its overall acceptance here, but again....I think Suntek HP is a happy medium if 3M's CS were too troublesome.

Just my .02.

Guest darkdan

I dropped Suntek.

My carbon and HP were green as a mug!

Supposedly they fixed the carbon problem shortly after I got it (according to the roll numbers).

Plus the "non-fading" Infinity OP 50% that is on my own vehicle now meters 63%. The stuff in the same box (I have it laying around) still meters 50-something% on clear glass. The clarity is going to heck because it looks like adhesive failure is setting in. This is after only about 2.5 years now. I'm going to keep it on there for a bit longer, steam it off, roll it up, and mail it back to them so their lab rats can see what went wrong. Hey, bad batches can happen, right?

Guest BLACKOUT SoKal
I will slang papers with QDP film against your nicely well branded CS film.

I guarantee I will slang them faster and cleaner than your well branded CS film.

I prefer a film whom I can work well enough to not do any mistakes, its true its a nice looking film but its too flimsy. :dunno

:dunno why would you tint faster and cleaner with a different brand :lol2 just trying to talk trash I guess :evileye are you saying that MMM is to flimsy? not a chance expecially compared to QDP. I use both and like them both, they say the cs is hard to work with because it feels more ridgid and thicker not flimsy...have you even used cs, and if your going to make a mistake with cs you'll do it with qdp. your entire post makes no sense...but its just your :copcar right :lol2

Guest darkdan

CS is 1.1 mils and VERY soft.

Compared to any other film it's super soft. Other films have a bit of strength to hold themselves up and CS makes no attempt to do so.

Guest Tom Cat

The coolr stable is really not that difficult to work with once you get used to it. I have been using it for about five months now, and I really haven't had any real problems to speak of, with the exception of the adhesive not being aggressive enough when tinting vehicles with very tight gaskets. It looks great, and matches the factory tint of vehicles I can't match with FXHP.

Guest TintDrNewYork
With suntek,sungard, or johnson I would always have to heat up the inside once it was finalized. :lol2:lol2 esplane dis to me

:dunno

Mr rogers aka pop not tart :lol2

YOU SHOULD TRY NEW FILM! FLAT ROCK....O AND FLAT ROCK YOU WANT TO SEE WHAT SIZE SHOE I WEAR? WHEN I SEE YOU ILL GIVE YOU A CLOSE UP VIEW!

Archived