Mastering 3M CS

Guest darkdan
The adhesive is way to soft and in a car like a frameless Subaru, you can see where the rubber is impressioning on the film's glue.

It does that on all cars.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest BLACKOUT SoKal
I don't want a 30 second CS shrink video.

I want a 5 minute detailed explanation of how it's done!

H pattern my friend...CS loves to be stretched rather than shrank, if that makes sense. Just pressing and pulling the film with my hand and following with the hard card I can get most back glass flat without even using the heatgun yet. sorry cant explain experience working with the film :thumb

hey darkdan, what shade of cs are you using? ive shrank 50,35,20, and 5% and the hardest one is 5%. it takes me a little longers cause its thicker. it also seems to pop spears along defrosters on some nissan cars, but if you take some fine steel wool to the glass it lays better. as far as shrinking it goes medium heat, one gun, dry, unpowdered. if it starts sticking lift up heat glass and lay back down. if it starts to get tight it will burn if you try to keep shrinking up. its hard to explain but you kind of have to use heat where it doesn't need to be shrunk and at the edge of the window/film. kind of heat along side of the fingers so it pulls the finger in that diredtion. I had to teach this method of mine to a guy thats been tinting for 6 yrs. he always kept burning holes in this stuff, especially 5%, even on easy windows like the new camry. hope this helps

I will slang papers with QDP film against your nicely well branded CS film.

I guarantee I will slang them faster and cleaner than your well branded CS film.

I prefer a film whom I can work well enough to not do any mistakes, its true its a nice looking film but its too flimsy. :beach

Guest darkdan

The 50%.

If I'm a not a 3M CS pimp by the end of this roll I'm giving up. It costs entirely too much money to throw this stuff into the trash. And for what? A black film with a name customers know? Bah, screw that.

Guest darkdan

I'm just in love with those three little Ms though.

It makes my job so much easier. I don't have to "convince" anyone of anything.

People used to ask me, "Well, is it good tint?" And I'd have to explain to them I'm trying to build a good reputation. I started carrying 3M and I no longer get that question.

Archived