Evolution vs Creation

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest filmdit

Wow... great reads on all sides... and only halfway through nine pages

Judging me cause I dont go to church or dont beleive in what they believe. Correct me if I am wrong but isnt it wrong for people to judge, isnt that gods doing?

Judging, to me, stems from self-righteousness.

the noachian flood did happen, but one thing about the bible is that it is also a book of history written from many perspectives. the fact that the flood happened and is mentioned in the bible doesn't necessarily lead me logically to the same endpoint as you. do we really believe that noah took enough animals to reproduce and repopulate the earth? are there more species now than then?

I just wish they would have swatted those two misquitoes... :ohcrap

sorry man. no disrespect, but I'll never believe that someone lived for 950 years.

See below

In biblical times-MAYBE years werent measured by 365 days. :hug

May be!

:thumb There is a lot I agree with here.

EVolution, natural selection is the most probable. Whenever someone religious cannot answer a question there response is "God works in mysterious ways", if you're a muslim you cannot even question. God should not be an excuse for ones own ignorance.

The God argument falls down quite easily, if God designed and created all these planets, life, Human thought, he sees all he knows what is going to happen, etc, etc, fill in the multitude of other things. You would have to agree that God is pretty complex - something we cannot imagine.

One question Who created God??

Would God also not ask who its creator was?

:lol2

And does God have a mother and father?

You are so late! Fire and fire over the centuries the bible has been in. Yet, it comes out shining like refined gold.

And what defense? No defense just plain old facts.

I like the hate the part of man will dominate man to injury. As much as I hate it, that doesn't change it from being fact.

And it was one man who felt the need to remove some of what was written. Constatine!

All the so called christians I have met are so backwards and hipocritical and not to mention racists bigots. Again I am not calling any of you these things, I am refering to people that I have dealt with.

Volt... I see it in the midst of the bible belt... Like you, I hold no hatred for any one person or any one faith based belief system. I, born a catholic, was one to call into question the teachings at an early age. My beliefs (or faith, if you will) encompasses all faiths known to man, not just one simple label dividing and segregating me from my fellow human.

Look at the individual from Virginia high up in our gov't saying a man should not be sworn in under the Koran. Perfect example of self righteousness in believing one faith is better than another. Our country may have been built of a form of christianity, but it was these very people running from others who wielded power over what they believed to begin with.

Built on whatever faith does not matter, what matters is that their exists a freedom of religion in this country and if any elected official chose to be sworn into off with their hand firm held to their own beliefs, who are any of us to say different.

Again, IMO, this stems from self-righteousness... if you don't find your way, you will not see heaven. Well, as far as the living are concerned, no living being has seen what is referred to as an afterlife and come to tell of it, not has any one person been to hell and come back to tell of it. It is all easter bunny's and santa claus imagination put together to give us something to believe in outside ourselves, which oddly enough is only found deep down within.

I don't know where to start.

God didn't have a creator. Anyone who creates time can not be bound by time. Therefore his life never began.

Some have asked....why believe in something without all the facts? If God was PROVABLE, EVERYONE would believe. Why not believe in something that gives hope? Instead, some of you think that after we die, that's it. We'll just sleep. Or better yet, being good gets you into Heaven.

Where are transitional fossils?

The first 18 years of Jesus' life were spent like eveyone else's, sans the sin. If you believe in Jesus, you believe he NEVER sinned.

The Bible is absolutely not self-contradictory.

God loves everyone, no matter their color, s*x, abilities, or sexual orientation. Taking part in homosexual acts is a sin, just like lying. But there are a few sins that God detests. He comes another quote from Scripture for those of you who don't speak Bible.

1 Corinthians 6:9:

Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders.

Also....

Leviticus 18:22:

You shall not lie with a man as with a woman; it is an abomination.

Continuing to live in the same sin is the problem. Having done the sin but been forgiven is what it's about.

God did not write the Bible. Man wrote what God told them. AGAIN, God did NOT write the Bible.

Why would God allow anyone to get hurt? Basic Theology. God = Good, Devil = Bad. God does not hurt people. He does test them and their faith though. God wants us to love and choose Him. He could have easily created us to automatically love him, but that's not love. In countries where people have their spouse chosen at birth, do you really think that they truly love each other? AND, has their ever been an instance where 2 guys are chosen at birth to be married? No, I didn't think so.

As for evol-oops-shun, species-to-species change is genetically impossible. Can a dog breed with a butterfly? Supposedly they come from the same single-cell organism. At what point in the evolutionary ladder does it go from possible cross-species recreation to impossible? Let's pick 2 supposedly close species: man and primate. Can a man and a monkey be bred and produce offspring? No. How about a fish and a lizard?

Guest VOLTRON

God loves everyone, no matter their color, s*x, abilities, or sexual orientation.

you say this then you say homosexuality is a sin. You just contridicted yourself right there.

you say the bible is not contradictory but you dont explain the contridictions in question.

you say the bible was written by man, which it was and there is no question that it was, but do you think that if a woman wrote the bible that they would have been guilty of original sin? If you were to write a bible do you think people would beleive you that god spoke to you and told you to write it.

then you talk about evolution, as if you know something about it. you deny evolution and its theory's. One example is the fact that we can have our appendix taken out and not die from it, aswell as tonsils and a few other things. So how is it that we used to need these things and now we dont, isnt that evolving?

Guest VOLTRON

talked to a guy the other day that said people who believe in evolution are crazy, that we evolved from monkeys and even before that from single organisms. But then I say its crazy for me to think that we evolved but you think that a women was made from adams rib, o yea that sounds so much more logical. Actually if you think about it the bible says right there about evolution cause there is chemical make up of DNA in a rib bone so in all theory you could make a person out of someone's rib.

Guest filmdit
God loves everyone, no matter their color, s*x, abilities, or sexual orientation.

you say this then you say homosexuality is a sin. You just contradicted yourself right there.

you say the bible is not contradictory but you don't explain the contradictions in question.

you say the bible was written by man, which it was and there is no question that it was, but do you think that if a woman wrote the bible that they would have been guilty of original sin? If you were to write a bible do you think people would believe you that god spoke to you and told you to write it.

I have a friend who has written a book filled with contradictions he has found in the bible. Asked me to read it to see what I thought, told him, "I wouldn't let it out that it was you who wrote this book, especially in the bible belt"... can you say 'tar and feather'. :lol2

I was at a business meeting in Charlotte and had forgotten to bring the book with me to give to a friend who was all so interested in reading it. Asked a coworker to bring it down as he and others had not left yet. When they got to Charlotte he sought me out immediately and said, 'You need to take the book NOW'... I said, " I guess you didn't listen to me when I told you not to poke your nose into it, did ya?... He said, "That book almost caused a tractor trailer to run us off the road!... I bout spit out my coffee! :hmmm:hmmm

I can believe so deeply in anything that it literally becomes obsession, which is almost the same as being blinded by love, which can lead to closed-minded- and/or shortsightedness.

Man's hand has written since the day he began an upright stature, even a dictionary is god inspired, Steven King who my wife just loves reading, is god inspired, Joel Osteen's 'Your Best Life Now' (which I found under the tree 4 me) is god inspired. :dunno You know you are in a pickle when god speaks directly to you as opposed to through people, places and things. Had a woman tell me that god speaks to her all the time and I said, "If that got out they would find a size small with wrap around sleeves so you can hug yourself having the pleasure of". :hmmm

As to gay minded individuals... they are no different than any other human who has a very looooonnnng genetic code, which with just one of those little rascals out of place, missing or just didn't quite make to the reception ::dunno:: conception in time, could easily lead to all the diversity we can see among man & woman.

Guest tintman AZ

I have a friend who has written a book filled with contradictions he has found in the bible. Asked me to read it to see what I thought, told him, "I wouldn't let it out that it was you who wrote this book, especially in the bible belt"... can you say 'tar and feather'. :tantrum

Much like Galileo Galilei who was imprisoned in his later years for believing the earth revolved around the sun. And tried to convince the church in Rome not to ban his ideas. Look where it got him. And who ended up being right.

I would strongly advise against that, these new translations are VERY flawed, they are translations of translations and have lost a great deal. The KJV is not that difficult to understand. The Word of God has meaning in many levels, much of that is lost with these very poor translations. :tantrum

Not to change direction again but the statement Ric just made is the reason why I believe that the Trinity is being tought as the truth in churches.

I believe God's Word as the truth. I believe in the Father, Son and the Holy Spirit as seperate beings, not as one. The Trinity says that they are all God. I believe they were all created by God but not God. I believe when Jesus says "If you have seen me you have seen the father," is the same as if you have seen me then you have seen my Dad.

Archived