Evolution vs Creation

I'm just speculating here, but...during that time, he didn't want/need to announce himself, he was living like men do as part of his mission. If he announced himself when he was 12, he wouldn't have been able to have a normal life. When it was the fullness of time John the Baptist started announcing him and so on.

And for the record, not all Christians believe the TV evangelists or support some politician. Some Christians, like me, don't believe you can pray some prayer and save yourself. I beleive in predestination as it's laid out very clearly in Ephesians, that we are spiritually dead and have no ability to "accept" God, it is He that Elects his chosen to salvation.

I also would not tell anyone to attend a church. I believe we are well into the Tribulation and false gospels have taken over.

So, not only have I pissed off the Evolutionists, now I've pissed off the Christians too. :spit

:lol2:lol6

good thing this thread is protected

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest VOLTRON
I'm just speculating here, but...during that time, he didn't want/need to announce himself, he was living like men do as part of his mission. If he announced himself when he was 12, he wouldn't have been able to have a normal life. When it was the fullness of time John the Baptist started announcing him and so on.

And for the record, not all Christians believe the TV evangelists or support some politician. Some Christians, like me, don't believe you can pray some prayer and save yourself. I beleive in predestination as it's laid out very clearly in Ephesians, that we are spiritually dead and have no ability to "accept" God, it is He that Elects his chosen to salvation.

I also would not tell anyone to attend a church. I believe we are well into the Tribulation and false gospels have taken over.

So, not only have I pissed off the Evolutionists, now I've pissed off the Christians too. :lol6

See I cant beleive that your life is already planned out and that no matter what you do you will still end up in the same place. God being a supreme being and has control of everyones destiny why would he let a child die or be brought up in a house that he gets abused or in etheopia where they starve to death, or a jewish boy during the holicost (spell check). that means that they were destined for a life of tragedy, pain, and suffering. I wouldnt think a god would do that to his people.

Guest VOLTRON
what difference does it make if there isnt a daily scripture for jesus whole life? would it really make a difference to your belief?

if nothing really exciting happened in those years why waste space in the bible telling people about his training in woodworking?

the whole point to jesus being on earth was for him to lay down his life to make up for mankinds sins. and the exapmle he set for us took place in the last few years of his life, after his baptisim.

and the difference is that he was supposed to be unable to commit a sin or free of sin and that is a long time to commit one. To those who say it isnt important, if there is going to be a religion based on his life then his whole life should have been recorded.

See I cant beleive that your life is already planned out and that no matter what you do you will still end up in the same place. God being a supreme being and has control of everyones destiny why would he let a child die or be brought up in a house that he gets abused or in etheopia where they starve to death, or a jewish boy during the holicost (spell check). that means that they were destined for a life of tragedy, pain, and suffering. I wouldnt think a god would do that to his people.

I think the response to that would be that adam and eve destroyed everyone's chance at eutopia when they ate a piece of fruit god told them not to touch. sounds logical enough, right...

Guest tintman AZ
boy, tinters become experts on everything when their business dries up, dont they?

those of you who find it so easy to be so blasphemous towards Jesus Christ will be extremely sorry in the end. don't dismiss the upbringing of your parents, don't take to heart what you see on tv, don't look at false prophets.....open your heart to the Truth and the Truth will find you. if you die this instant, where are you going? if you say nowhere, are you sure about that? heaven or hell, your two choices whether you like it or not.

if any of you are confused by this thread, salvation and gaining a personal relationship with God is very easy and I am providing this simple prayer for you:

?Father, I know that I have broken your laws and my sins have separated me from you. I am truly sorry, and now I want to turn away from my past sinful life toward you. Please forgive me, and help me avoid sinning again. I believe that your son, Jesus Christ died for my sins, was resurrected from the dead, is alive, and hears my prayer. I invite Jesus to become the Lord of my life, to rule and reign in my heart from this day forward. Please send your Holy Spirit to help me obey You, and to do Your will for the rest of my life. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.?

God bless you,

~mm

So just because we may not "BELIEVE", we are sarcasticly called "experts on everything". And how do you know we will be sorry in the end. Because the Bible tells you so? Just like we shouldn't take to heart everything we see on TV, don't believe everything you read! What I can't understand is how say for instance you could be a very caring individual, help others, and try your best not to hurt anyone, but are not a follower, so your going to hell. But on the other hand you could be a mass murd3r3r, get sent to prison for life, become Born Again, and your going to heaven. What if you were born away from society, never even heard of Christianity, then died. You wouldn't even have a chance to go to heaven.

P.S. None of this was typed in anger, just typed. Needless to say I'm not an expert, I just have always found it a fascinating subject. I've got a group of buddies I go 4 wheeling with that all belong to the local Baptist church and we have these discussions all the time. I just find it real interesting.

boy, tinters become experts on everything when their business dries up, dont they?

those of you who find it so easy to be so blasphemous towards Jesus Christ will be extremely sorry in the end. don't dismiss the upbringing of your parents, don't take to heart what you see on tv, don't look at false prophets.....open your heart to the Truth and the Truth will find you. if you die this instant, where are you going? if you say nowhere, are you sure about that? heaven or hell, your two choices whether you like it or not.

if any of you are confused by this thread, salvation and gaining a personal relationship with God is very easy and I am providing this simple prayer for you:

?Father, I know that I have broken your laws and my sins have separated me from you. I am truly sorry, and now I want to turn away from my past sinful life toward you. Please forgive me, and help me avoid sinning again. I believe that your son, Jesus Christ died for my sins, was resurrected from the dead, is alive, and hears my prayer. I invite Jesus to become the Lord of my life, to rule and reign in my heart from this day forward. Please send your Holy Spirit to help me obey You, and to do Your will for the rest of my life. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.?

God bless you,

~mm

Wow there is some hate there! That is some vengeful God you have there that is going to make us sorry in the end - and you are his voice here on earth!!

I would watch my step if I were you - God is watching you as much as he is everyone else, if he is there he's not going to be too happy with you threatening people in his name - think about it.

God gives you free will, yet he is omnipotent (all powerful) and Omnipresent ( everywhere) why would he want someone Good to believe in him in order to get to heaven - he is everywhere and controls your destiny. He can make you believe or not because it's his plan??? Does not make sense!! What about those who know nothing of God because of circumstances beyond their control (Deaf, Dumb) - he made them that way - he has a plan for them?

Why is it such a mess? Because its written by man and riddled with contradictions! How can a being that creates the earth and all its complex life forms, make such a complete mess of the Bible or the Quran ( which is the word of God according to muslims).

IMO You are wrong - a being as complex who created all this cannot be as small minded as you. The idea that God has created Heaven and Hell is laughable, we are here now and can choose to be happy and do the right thing - but to never be allowed to make one mistake (sin). Ooops - I forgot to go to confession got hit by a car , died and now I'm burning in hell. Give me a break! Or does it depend on the seriousness of the sin! No way its idiotic.

People like you who make threats and spout vile hatred will not go to hell - you are already there. I pity you and hope you can just read more of the "forgiveness" side of the bible - it'll make you a better person. You should take people as they are.

There will always be hate filled people in the world and that is there own hell, it is hell to hate it eats away at you - it lasts as long as the individual is ignorant and closed off. The rest of the good/happy people releigious or not are in heaven now.

no need to pitty, I will never be ashamed to stand up for the Lord nor will I be disheartened by disparaging words. "threatened" may not be the best term to use. you have choices and there are consequences for those choices, it's really that simple.

If he is there he needs no one to stand up for him - your idea that there consequences for choices does not make sense. Its not that simple "God" would not be that simple to hurt an individual because of ignorance.

IMHO I Rather think he'd be forgiving. But that's not a fall back for me because IMO its most probable Gods not there. We have yet to find more clues for answers and evolve a bit further.

:beer

why don't you simply begin to read the Bible and ask God for insight while doing so? what could that hurt? it wouldn't even have to be like a prayer, but a request..."God, if you exist, which I do not believe you do, but I want to read the Bible and investigate it further. if you do exist please do not let me be blind to it."

There is nothing wrong with hope, but why do you need to believe in God, Allah etc.

You can lead a good life without the Bible or Quran.

Death is not scary, for me its just like going to sleep and not dreaming, just blackness - I feel nothing I am not aware I'm asleep. How I die is a little more scary - no one wants it to be horrific or painful.

The people I care about now how I feel every day, today could be my last day but I have no regrets - I'm happy.

Guest VOLTRON

so next time I read the bible I should ask good to help me understand it and help me find the way? Is he going to talk to me or appear infront of me and show me what I need to understand?

Like tintim said there is nothing wrong with hope or faith in something, if thats what you want to do then go for it, if it makes you a better person then do it. But to think that the bible and the belief in god or ali is the only way to be a good person and if you dont you will go to hell, doesnt sound logival.

Mountain did you know you could be in heaven sitting right next to Jeffry Dhamer or Charles Manson, because before they died theyaccepted jesus as thier savier. To think that a person like the 2 of them could be a piece of sh|t thier whole life and do the complete opposite of the bible and kill, steal, do the opposite of the 10 commandments but yet before they die they can repent and go to heaven. Sh|t I dont want to go to a place that is that easy to get into and accepts people like that. I talked to a preacher about this one time and he told me the same thing, he could end up being in heaven with a masked murd3r3r and he said he had a hard time accepting that but he eventually did. Well I could never accept that.

Archived