Evolution vs Creation

MM, you might be really interested in this video. It's 2 /12 hours long.This woman has researched all the new bible versions, and it's VERY SHOCKING what they have done to these translations.PLEASE watch this before recommending a new translation, you should know exactly what you are promoting. :lol2

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wish I had the Net at the house

I would love to see it

....but then again with the net off I am studing the Word more :dunno

for me the King James, the Amplified, and Strong's Concordance

are all used in my studies

I have a NIV too but it does seem a bit of an apostacy to the original

I wish I knew Hebrew, Greek , Aramaic and latin

What is your take on the Apocrypha from the Vulgate :thumb

I haven't read any of it

I have enough to read :beer

Guest Sprinter

the Apocryphal was Deuterocanonical Scripture by the Roman Catholic, Greek, and Russian Orthodox Churches.

that means it was cannonized by them, and agreed on as Scripture.

there were thoughs who rejected it because they could'nt find any original Scripture or writings of it in the original language of the time which was Hebrew.

but in the 1960's they found the Apogrypha right next to the Old Testement Scriptures when they uncovered the Dead Sea Scrolls, all of these writings were perserved in big glass jars, that was how they burried any and all Scripture was to put them in caves not burried in the groung but sitting on top of the ground so anyone who uncoverd the burrial site would be able to pick up any scroll and read it. they did this because you could'nt bury Scripture because it was the Living word of God.

the drop in books in the Bible went from 80 books to 66 that we have today in 1868 by the British Bible Society because they could save money on printng of these extra 14 books that fall between the Old Testament and New Testament. it did'nt influence or change the Gospels.

the american Bible Sociaty did the same thing in 1874.

Guest Sprinter
what difference does it make if there isnt a daily scripture for jesus whole life? would it really make a difference to your belief?

if nothing really exciting happened in those years why waste space in the bible telling people about his training in woodworking?

the whole point to jesus being on earth was for him to lay down his life to make up for mankinds sins. and the exapmle he set for us took place in the last few years of his life, after his baptisim.

the deep interest naturally attaching to the early life of the Messiah, that silence, in contrast to the almost blasphemous absurdities of the Apocryphal Gospels, teaches us once more, and most impressively, that the Gospels furnish a history of the Saviour, not a biography of Jesus of Nazareth.

hm. nobody mentioned: /religion/ is man's creation, and therefore flawed.

Something I learned in school is to be able to write supporting evidence for a point I don't necessarily agree with. I think it's fun. Pardon me while I dabble in semantics:

Faith does not equal religion. To have faith means you believe in SOMETHING without question.

Faith requires determination. Determination defines as the act of making a decision, or the decision itself. Determination does not equal closed-mindedness. Close-mindedness is unwilling to face questions or challenges. Faith simply means no question or challenge will sway your determination (your decision).

When people say they have a problem with people who have faith, I think they are oversimplifying. What they likely have a problem with is closed-mindedness, which has nothing to do with religion, faith or determination. There are closed-minded people in all walks of life.

a few fun facts about the Bible

it was written in a period over 1600 years.

some of the writers were prophets, judges, kings, doctors, farmers, fishermen, shepards, tax collectors.

when people believed the earth was flat Isa 40:22 calle the earth a sphere.

the Bible writers wrote down both their good experiences and also their mistakes. (what writer wants to be known for their mistakes)

the different books making up the Bible all point to Gods kingdom arrangment.

so with just these few highlites what man could have organized a writing effort this elaborate over 1600 years and be so accurate. no man just God

Does electricity or even wind exist? we dont see it but we can see the effects, we may not see God but this world didnt JUST HAPPEN,

your relatives may have come from monkeys but mine were created by God. :lol

Guest Sprinter

why is it said that everything before Jesus Christ is BC ( before Christ ) and everything after is AD ( after death ) how come time is stopped and then started again because of this one man?

why is it said that everything before Jesus Christ is BC ( before Christ ) and everything after is AD ( after death ) how come time is stopped and then started again because of this one man?

That's an excellent question.

The Bible contains a calendar of history that is marked by the ages of certain individuals.

Those long chapters in the bible where so and so lived so many years and begot so and so. If you carefully track them all you can come to an extremely accurate calendar of history. Through out the history of the bible, time was marked this way.

Guest Tintbds
That's an excellent question.

The Bible contains a calendar of history that is marked by the ages of certain individuals.

Those long chapters in the bible where so and so lived so many years and begot so and so. If you carefully track them all you can come to an extremely accurate calendar of history. Through out the history of the bible, time was marked this way.

That's so true Td even the chronology are extremely accurate.

Archived