Heat Shrinking

Guest a1wintinter

There is a guy in fl. that used to work for llumar back in the day as a trainer(some of you should know who I am talking about) that has told alot of people that HE came up with the idea of h.s., but I think he is an idiot. In fact he is kind of a joke in my area, he once made the comment that "he is the reason we (tinters) have the vast knowledge of film we have today". Some people live in their own world

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest santaman

First time here,,But in 93 I had a car tinted and the guy was using a heatgun to shrink the back window..said he'd been doing one piece rear windows that way for a couple of years, This was in Charleston SC

There is a guy in fl. that used to work for llumar back in the day as a trainer(some of you should know who I am talking about) that has told alot of people that HE came up with the idea of h.s., but I think he is an idiot. In fact he is kind of a joke in my area, he once made the comment that "he is the reason we (tinters) have the vast knowledge of film we have today". Some people live in their own world

Must be talking about guest :thumb

worked with a guy around 89-ish who wouldn't let anyone watch him tint, he had his own bay, and claimed he could do anything, including the then new Cutlass Supremes, in one piece. He was only with us a few months so we never saw what he was doing.....I'm sure he was shrinking.....kinda pisses me off now that he wouldn't show us....I think he was from California, typical transient tinter, lived out of his car, travelling town to town.....I think he was wanted

Archived