98 Civic BG Qustion?

Guest b_cole

Guest b_cole

Was doing a 98 Civic 4 dr last night and over most of the back glass there was specs that looked like defroster line material. I carefully scraped most of if off not touching the lines. Has anyone seen this before? I was using a white scrubbie and that did not touch it. Is there an easier way to clean it?

has the car had any 2nd rate body work /paint done to it ? I've seen hack painters/body workers actually screw up the INSIDE of glass b4 :dunno

If that's not the case, try something a little stronger of a solution and use 0000 steel wool (try in a small corner first to confirm it doesn't scratch) :thumb

Guest b_cole

now that you mentioned that I think it did have body work done to it. if it was welding splatter is there anything you can do for that or is the glass ruined?

Guest MidcoastMW
has the car had any 2nd rate body work /paint done to it ? I've seen hack painters/body workers actually screw up the INSIDE of glass b4 :lol2

If that's not the case, try something a little stronger of a solution and use 0000 steel wool (try in a small corner first to confirm it doesn't scratch) :nono

:lol2 ...it happens! Ive tinted a few cars that had more than enough overspray on glass..... :popcorn

Ive run into this all the time. Now its not overspary or hack body work, or even welding slatter...It almost looks like little balls of tar. Only way I can get it off is with single edge blades.

So, okay scrape it all (between the defrost lines), and squeege it down...Ok thats all fine and good but it appears that some of it somehow sticks back to the glass...So its a never ending process....

anyhow, long story short...I find it mostly on mid to late modle GMs, mostly suburbans...I havent a clue what it is, or where it came from..Only guess is its the climate and weather out here in west texas...Wind dust etc...I dunno....anyone else have a clue...maybe thats what you ran into...

sorry for such a long stupid reply

Archived