Gila Static cling tint

Guest Nelson9937955

Guest Nelson9937955

Just wondering if anyone else has used Gila static cling tint. It seems like a great idea, especially for a newbie to installing tint. If it bubbles up, you could just reapply it. I imagine from the outside looking in, it would look just like regular tint

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Nelson9937955

I know there are bunch of "wannabe" comedians in this forum but if anyone has a valid opinion or has actually seen the product in use, I would love to hear from you

Guest deanjones
I know there are bunch of "wannabe" comedians in this forum but if anyone has a valid opinion or has actually seen the product in use, I would love to hear from you

You're going to get the same response from everyone and I'm sure that most people will avoid answering it due to this, but... It's crap. It looks like crap, it performs like crap...

Real window film offers superior optical clarity that you're just not going to get with a static cling piece of "film". Not only will your vision be reduced from the inside looking out, but it will be obvious from the outside looking in that this is a cheap product.

That's just my opinion, of course...

Everybody's opinion on this board will be "Take it to a professional."

Guest timthetintman

ive only seen this stuff actually in use 1 time, ~8 yrs ago on an old worktruck. was hacked up pretty bad and you couldnt roll the windows down w/o the stuff peeling back. Never worked w/ it myself so I couldnt help u with that. but I have a few suggestions:

if you're thinking of a DIY on your own vehicle, consider taking it to a pro.. your gonna save yourself a big headache, a lot of time, and probably money.

if you're trying to actually learn it, I would suggest learning w/ the real stuff. also there are training programs/ videos now that can help save you time so you dont have to trial n error so much in the beginning.

in any case, even if I knew nothing about film.. I would want it done proper

my :eyebrows

to echo.....the film has very low optical clarity......

also it will turn colors and fade pretty bad.......

it will stretch and fit a curved window easier than real window film but either learn to use real film or take it to a pro!!!

Just the name Gila makes us all cringe on here.....would you paint your car with $0.98 spray paint from wally world??

Guest tiger_football

If you're attempting to learn how to tint, I would suggest buying a short roll of some standard dyed film to practice with. That static cling stuff with do nothing to help improve your skills. As mentioned above, training vids will help get you started with the fundamentals. It will take awhile before you get anywhere near good but every "pro" was a newbie at one point. Just stay away from open flames :lol2

Guest streetsounds

I hate to say this but I just saw some on my buddies new s 2000 on the plastic back window on the outside and it looked pretty good (he bought it like that I did not do it) :lol2 so I think I might have found 1 good use for it

Archived