06 Corvette - How?

Guest OzTinter

Guest willie
one of my account the other day had a new 08 to do but I could not get there...so in return they called in the fill in tinter after 3 attempts he walk out on the rear glass...then they called in the fill in to the fill in he got er done 1 piece but left creases ....so like I told them from the beginning I will get it done for them on wednesday so I have to strip and retint it instead of them just waiting for the original appointment crazy azz people maing :poke:spit:rollin

:spit

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest TINTING AZ

THE BEST N EASIEST WAY TO DO BACKGLASS ON CORVETTE IS DO IT IN 8 PIECES WITH OVERLAP :thumb J/K MDOG SOAP WORKS 4 ME BUT IVE SEEN IT DONE WET ALSO DRY WORKS BEST GO SLOW OTHER WISE FILM WILL MEET IS LIMIT TO FAST. :poke

Guest De4thMet4LKing00
What brand and type of film are you shrinking in 15 minutes? I need to find a faster shrinking film for this rear ... the Maddy Cool was a bit time consuming but looks great.

I use (and have always used) LLUMAR ATR 40 Charcoal. It has never failed me yet... We used to use Madico, but found that Llumar is far better

Guest TINTING AZ
I'm gonna do my first 08 z06 on Saturday, who wants to call LIAR, on how long it takes :poke

:thumb:thumb:rollin

hey harold u can do this car in 30 minutes n be walking away this car takes me about1 hr 20 minutes n im walking away :thumb

Guest TINTING AZ
My rep shrank the back window in less than 15 min. And he did some of the fingers at an angel not up and down and the piece of tint was over sized. Havn't had a vett. since the to try on my own.

thats how I do em everybody knows film shrinls both ways just that it shrinks more toward the factory edge if u form little fingers on the side n shrink u have less film to shrink on bottom top is easy big fingers on doors but not to bad very easy install n I short like tintman 237

What are you guys using for the matrix? I had a customer pull the tint off when he git home b/c he didnt like the way it looked on the matrix. I havent tried gluing it, but did use vinyl and he didnt like that either. I havent done one in a while, maybe I was just off.

Guest cartek
What are you guys using for the matrix? I had a customer pull the tint off when he git home b/c he didnt like the way it looked on the matrix. I havent tried gluing it, but did use vinyl and he didnt like that either. I havent done one in a while, maybe I was just off.

there is your mistake glue that shizz

imo anyways

Guest FilmBlazer

I did my first Vette today finally. I've been tinting about one car per week on average over the past 3 years or so, just got my first one, the owner is a friend of mine. I must say, it was not nearly as difficult as I expected it to be. I did however have someone help me lay it since I wasn't about to put that piece on the floor after spending 30-40 minutes shrinking and cutting it hehehe. Thanks for all of the great tips in this thread, the window came out pretty well. I did not glue the matrix however, and that did not look the best. I felt there was just too much risk peeling the film back with the awkward angle that would be required. I will be trying blue glue on the next or possibly redo this window for him down the road.

BTW I used ATC 15 which has been a decent film imo, however I have noticed ghosting in the last two vehicles I did back glass's on. Is there any way to reduce the risk of this or eliminate it?

:tantrum

Archived