06 Corvette - How?

Guest OzTinter

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finished my third one this past week. Wish I could beat the ass of those resposible for its being used. Three is enough please Lord no more ever!!! :lol6

I just tinted one saturday, tried three different tint lines before I found one that would shrink. Suntek Carbon went on with no problems. Just don't like the matrix, didn't glue it. I wa afraid to pull the top down to put any in there. It didn't look to bad, I got most of it to lay down.

Guest rgrn7736@aol.com
What are you guys using for the matrix? I had a customer pull the tint off when he git home b/c he didnt like the way it looked on the matrix. I havent tried gluing it, but did use vinyl and he didnt like that either. I havent done one in a while, maybe I was just off.

You can also use a $20 sander with 600 grit paper to sand it down. Glue works good too***

Guest c5golfguy

On my personal vette I just taped it off and spray painted it black over the dot matrix. Many other vette friends have wanted and done the same and looks great.

Guest skiberscott

post-29928-1290107842.jpg

2011 Grand Sport Corvette. Didn't give it a second thought about tinting the car. Thats a normal condition after 30 years tinting. Well even us veterans get caught with our pants down now and then. So anyone who tints these Corvete's and get's them right deserves the credit regardless of how long it takes you. Remember that somedays we are not just as sharp as the rest of the time so if your confidence is down for a moment it can throw you off kilter.

Guest skiberscott
post-29928-1290107842.jpg

2011 Grand Sport Corvette. Didn't give it a second thought about tinting the car. Thats a normal condition after 30 years tinting. Well even us veterans get caught with our pants down now and then. So anyone who tints these Corvete's and get's them right deserves the credit regardless of how long it takes you. Remember that somedays we are not just as sharp as the rest of the time so if your confidence is down for a moment it can throw you off kilter.

I realize the picture is a Lamborghini Galardo and not a Corvette.

Archived