06 Corvette - How?

Guest OzTinter

Guest De4thMet4LKing00
What are you guys using for the matrix? I had a customer pull the tint off when he git home b/c he didnt like the way it looked on the matrix. I havent tried gluing it, but did use vinyl and he didnt like that either. I havent done one in a while, maybe I was just off.

I hope he didn't bring the car back and expect it to be re-installed. I would tell him to hit the road

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest tintmanlibby
Soap the backglass...lay film and anchor across the middle...trim film BIG and leave some EARS as in the picture...these are to pull on...leave them on the top and bottom....slowly heat and pull the ears as you shrink.You will see how it makes shrinking SO much easier! 07vette018.jpg

doesnt tel tint go on the inside :shock

Guest Frankie Sisco
THE BEST N EASIEST WAY TO DO BACKGLASS ON CORVETTE IS DO IT IN 8 PIECES WITH OVERLAP :beer J/K MDOG SOAP WORKS 4 ME BUT IVE SEEN IT DONE WET ALSO DRY WORKS BEST GO SLOW OTHER WISE FILM WILL MEET IS LIMIT TO FAST. :beer

USE CARBON 18% by:SUNTEK THAT IS THE BEST FILM FOR BACKGLASS FOR CORVETTE

well I failed today with the platinum plus :lol2, I threw in the towel. I was really close to getting it had one small spot the wouldn't shrink anymore. Has anyone ever done one of these in an all metal film? If you have my hat is off to you your the man. He is going to bring it back for some ATC film next week, I don't think I'll have that problem's I was having with this film. I guess I suck! :lol2 I'm going to go drink now.

ive done them in pp and 3M CS. the pp hazed and the 3M turned blurry. the customers were fine with it cuz it was in the dot section, and we glue them anyway. I wouldnt recommend doin it though. now I only do them in ATR, ATC, or ATX. most in atr, atc for the cheapos (which happen to drive z06's), and atx for the other z06's or nav versions

Archived