06 Corvette - How?

Guest OzTinter

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest 27tint4

try leaving about a four inch apron of film above the top corners to hang on to while shrinking. a slight tug is all that is needed to keep the shrink flowing. if the film gets too ot to touch...move to the other side. cold film shrinks a lot easier. if yer wearing a glove while shrinking, yer gonna have problems with tougher shrinks for years to come. sensory input from touch is vital info.

give the bare-hand dry shrink a try. mount the film tight accross the back glass. (this can be done by placing a dab of water near the middle of each side of the glass before placing the film. hard card one side, then pull on the other side 'till banjo lines appear accross the middle. plant it there, step back and see that you have it all square) you can move the banjo line up or down depending on where you want the most or least shrinking. (top or bottom) this eliminates the need for powder if you "attack" the film with your decent heat gun. shrink cold film fast and it hardly gets warm. since yer bare-handed, you'll know when to move on. (I still use powder in a few situations) forget about that old "H" plant...it makes for a lot of extra work.

well, have a good one...and let me know if this helps/hinders. (he-he)

Guest goldtooth
:uh

I leave it long ALL around the bottom of the glass.....not just a little flap...... :lol2

:uh

:uh I leave it big all around,sometimes it is easier to side shrink a little finger,than to try pushing it to the top or bottom,making a bigger finger.. remember side shrinking is going against the grains in the film ,little heat at a time and pulling until you get it shrunk and in the black border :uh

I'm gonna do my first 08 z06 on Saturday, who wants to call LIAR, on how long it takes :evilgrin

:duck:hmmm:lol6

Shouldnt be a problem for you.

I watched Jim do one in my shop in less than 30 minutes :lol2

Archived