06 Corvette - How?

Guest OzTinter

ive done them in pp and 3M CS. the pp hazed and the 3M turned blurry. the customers were fine with it cuz it was in the dot section, and we glue them anyway. I wouldnt recommend doin it though. now I only do them in ATR, ATC, or ATX. most in atr, atc for the cheapos (which happen to drive z06's), and atx for the other z06's or nav versions

Did you notice the ATR shrink easier then the PP? It got to a point and wouldn't go anymore, then too much heat and there is the ghost. My first attempt was the best, all I had was one spot on the side the size of two pencils the wouldn't laydown. Ended up putting a small crease in it, I didn't like it so I pulled it off.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest scottydosnntkno
ive done them in pp and 3M CS. the pp hazed and the 3M turned blurry. the customers were fine with it cuz it was in the dot section, and we glue them anyway. I wouldnt recommend doin it though. now I only do them in ATR, ATC, or ATX. most in atr, atc for the cheapos (which happen to drive z06's), and atx for the other z06's or nav versions

Did you notice the ATR shrink easier then the PP? It got to a point and wouldn't go anymore, then too much heat and there is the ghost. My first attempt was the best, all I had was one spot on the side the size of two pencils the wouldn't laydown. Ended up putting a small crease in it, I didn't like it so I pulled it off.

if you had two very small spots, knowing it wouldn't shrink anymore you could have put two little relief cuts in on the inside :lol2

if you had two very small spots, knowing it wouldn't shrink anymore you could have put two little relief cuts in on the inside :lol2

:lol2 Two relief cuts on the back end of a Corvette? :lol

Guest scottydosnntkno

:lol Two relief cuts on the back end of a Corvette? :lol2

I've never done one, just a suggestoin :lol I don't use full metal films so I don't have those issues

if you had two very small spots, knowing it wouldn't shrink anymore you could have put two little relief cuts in on the inside :spit

:lol Two relief cuts on the back end of a Corvette? :lol2

I've never done one, just a suggestoin :lol2 I don't use full metal films so I don't have those issues

Ok......:lol

Guest scottydosnntkno

I've never done one, just a suggestoin :lol2 I don't use full metal films so I don't have those issues

Ok......:lol2

I don't :spit I carry Supreme and QDP only :lol

I've also never done a 2 piece window. I tried once just to do it, and the line was all squiggly :lol2

if you had two very small spots, knowing it wouldn't shrink anymore you could have put two little relief cuts in on the inside :spit

I don't :lol2 I carry Supreme and QDP only :lol

I've also never done a 2 piece window. I tried once just to do it, and the line was all squiggly :lol2

Ok....:lol2:spit

Guest scottydosnntkno

:spit Two relief cuts on the back end of a Corvette? :lol2

I've never done one, just a suggestoin :spit I don't use full metal films so I don't have those issues

I don't :lol I carry Supreme and QDP only :lol2

I've also never done a 2 piece window. I tried once just to do it, and the line was all squiggly :lol

Ok....:lol2:barf

:lol2

Archived