air bubbles on new tint job

Guest tdidude

Guest tdidude

HI Everyone,

I just picked up a new jetta TDI from the dealer and I had them tint the windows.

I noticed now ( 3 days later), that there are a few white dots on side windows which I guess are from dirt, and I think I am willing to live with those.

However on the rear window there are 2 air bubbles abour a 1/2inch in length and about 1/4 inch in width. if I press on them with my finger gently from the side, it gets smaller but harder.

they are located about 4-6 inches from top left corner and are in between two defrost lines.

Question is : After reading so much about "dont remove a tint, its a lot of trouble"

I am wondering if I shouldnt just pin it with a sewing needle and get the air out.

It looks too big to disappear with any amount of heat. Under the sun the buble diminishes about to about half the size.

Thanks for all the help,

it might just be a moisture spot that needs to cure. give it 2 weeks and see how it looks after that. don't pierce or push on it. if it's still there after that then take it back.

Guest willie
it might just be a moisture spot that needs to cure. give it 2 weeks and see how it looks after that. don't pierce or push on it. if it's still there after that then take it back.

:thumb

:dunno

Archived