factory tinted

Ryker

I was just thinking Saturday and I ponder why is it that there are no factory tinted cars except for the Dodge Magnum? Why is it that they can have it but not others? I am not complaining about it as the more that were factory tinted would be less for most of us....but I just wonder why.

Also, are there factory tinted PT Cruisers? or any other "cars" out there?

Anyone? :krazy

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest deanjones

The magnum is classified as a "Truck" from what I've read... Most truck's have factory tinted glass. I don't think the PT Cruiser is classified as a truck.

Edit: Nevermind, the PT Cruiser is classified as a "Truck". Huh..

Guest JTKSDB

It all depends on how the manufacturer can get the vehicle classified. Vehicle classifations are very important to them right now due to the popularity of the SUV market. They feel they need to have a SUV or at least a "crossover" unit in thier fleet for the "family vehicle".

Those classified as "SUV" or "crossover SUV" can be put in the same class as trucks, vans, ect... And thanks to the U.S.D.M.V. ( or whoever makes those decisions ) they can have "privacy glass" factory installed on the rear windows.

I do hope they never let this option be available on passenger cars, or we might be out of business. (maybe.....maybe not)

I always thought it was anything on a truck chassis, that's why a limo could get away with it, supposedly it's on a truck chassis.....nowadays I don't believe for a second that limos are on a truck chassis, and I don't consider a Magnum a truck either, so I don't know what the deal is....I guess it's whatever the auto manufacturer can convince the world that it is...

Guest Key West
I always thought it was anything on a truck chassis, that's why a limo could get away with it, supposedly it's on a truck chassis.....nowadays I don't believe for a second that limos are on a truck chassis, and I don't consider a Magnum a truck either, so I don't know what the deal is....I guess it's whatever the auto manufacturer can convince the world that it is...

anything on a truck frame, designed for occasional off road use, or designed to carry more than 6 passengers.

Oh, and to my knowledge, the PT Cruiser is built on a NEON frame. :spit

Archived