factory tinted

Ryker

anything on a truck frame, designed for occasional off road use, or designed to carry more than 6 passengers.

Oh, and to my knowledge, the PT Cruiser is built on a NEON frame. :spit

Until a few months ago, I owned a PT Cruiser. The manufacturer's information sticker inside the doorjamb specifically said: Vehicle Type : MPV

I think all vehicles say either MPV or Passenger car on this sticker. I'm surprised you guys don't know this.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, a PT is built on a Neon frame.

No, a truck frame is not a pre-requisite for privacy glass.

MPV means it hauls people and cargo. But then again, a sedan or coupe does that. Haven't you all noticed that NO coupe/sedan has privacy glass? Only station wagons. I'm not talking SUVs/pickups/vans. In the car category, it has to have 4 side doors and a cargo area that is open to the seating area (hatchback). Magnum, PT, HHR, Edge, etc.

Then, what's up with only the back 3 pieces of glass being privacy glass, and nothing on the 4 doors (Freestyle and a couple others)? I did 2 different vehicle with this setup just last week. I can't remember the second one, but the first was a Freestyle.

Guest darkdan
Then, what's up with only the back 3 pieces of glass being privacy glass, and nothing on the 4 doors (Freestyle and a couple others)? I did 2 different vehicle with this setup just last week. I can't remember the second one, but the first was a Freestyle.

Saturn Vue? Ford Escape? Ford 2-door Exploder?

Vue was the second vehicle I did like that last week. Thanks for reminding me. All of the Escapes that I've done only lack privacy glass on the front 2. Also, some 2 door S-10 Blazers had those triangle shaped windows privacy, some were not.

Guest Key West
anything on a truck frame, designed for occasional off road use, or designed to carry more than 6 passengers.

Oh, and to my knowledge, the PT Cruiser is built on a NEON frame. :shock

Another requisite is "equipped for occasional off-road use". To me that would include all Rally cars, or ANYTHING with 4 wheel drive or all wheel drive. All subarus should qualify, as should the Lancer EVO :lol:nono

Every states tint laws have a section of definitions/exemptions. They define an MPV/SUV. Usually about as clear as mud, but it's there. Judging from some of the posts I've seen in regards to the tint laws, some of ya'll out there are relying on what you've read/heard. My suggestion would be to get an actual copy of your states laws and read them (no, you won't go brain dead, but you'll feel stupider afterward!) Do not rely on the "condensed version" found on some sites like the IWFA, or others. THEN you will be able to speak intelligently on the subject!!

One of the things I've been wondering, is can we legally tint like a Volvo wagon to MPV specs? :poke:lol

Another requisite is "equipped for occasional off-road use". To me that would include all Rally cars, or ANYTHING with 4 wheel drive or all wheel drive. All subarus should qualify, as should the Lancer EVO :lol:poke

Every states tint laws have a section of definitions/exemptions. They define an MPV/SUV. Usually about as clear as mud, but it's there. Judging from some of the posts I've seen in regards to the tint laws, some of ya'll out there are relying on what you've read/heard. My suggestion would be to get an actual copy of your states laws and read them (no, you won't go brain dead, but you'll feel stupider afterward!) Do not rely on the "condensed version" found on some sites like the IWFA, or others. THEN you will be able to speak intelligently on the subject!!

One of the things I've been wondering, is can we legally tint like a Volvo wagon to MPV specs? :shock:lol

:lol Fortunatly they make it easy for us (in this province)....no tint on the fronts of any vehicles (wish that would change) and anything on the back of any vehicles (as long as they have 2 side mirrors). :nono

Guest 20la20

not sure if this is true but I heard that porsches and upper end cars of the like come with 5% or 10% factory tint and since its from the factory then its legal. is this true or just a myth?

I dont understand the whole mpv thing. my car can have alot of purposes as well. why can mpvs have any % tint on the back windows. makes no sense. the whole purpose of tint laws is so officers wont get shot. well an suv or "mpv" can hold a heck of alot more people with alot more guns than a passenger car can. in my mind it should be the other way around!

tint laws blow! legally abiding good citizens should be able to get whatever tint they want!

NO car will have factory tinted windows on them.....other than the "solar shield" or "soft ray" glass that is around 70%...... and that is why I started this thread.

The whole "officer can't see in" is bull too....make the person roll down all of the windows even if it is pouring rain....then the only window in question on a normal car is the rear that the "can't see in"....

Guest 20la20

or like some other guy said on here...pull the car over from the front lol. might be hard but if it will save the officers life. cops round here arent that strict on tint I dont think. I see lots of people riding around with very very dark tint all the time. I even talked to 2 cops cuz im bout to re-do my tint and they said the only way u would get a ticket is if the officers a big jerk. they said they usually wont ticket unless its darker than 15%! one even told me 5% on the backs of my car would be fine. I just think the law should be the same for cars and mpvs. makes no sense to discriminate. and if one was to be different from the others than cars should be able to tint darker in the back.

Archived