ya'll are gonna love this

Guest 20la20

Guest willie
The sticker is required in Texas to pass State Inspection, unless the law was changed and I had not heard of it ?

nope the inspection code make no mention of the sticker and it can meter 20% and pass inspection also

The inspection laws are different than the actual legal laws in TX :DD

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
thanks willie. I know a crap load of ppl who have 20% and have no prob seeing!

there is a difference between no tint, 20, and 5. it's still dark. go with 35. you're gettin the same protection, and you'll be able to see better at night.

there is a difference between no tint, 20, and 5. it's still dark. go with 35. you're gettin the same protection, and you'll be able to see better at night.

:thumb:dunno I've gotten plenty of people wanting 20 on the front, and have done it, but I have decided that this is too dark and I absolutley will not do it anymore. After observing various threads on the subject I feel that I must do my part to maintain the integrity of this market. Want it to dark? Sorry, not this guy.

Guest willie
thanks willie. I know a crap load of ppl who have 20% and have no prob seeing!

dude Im not condoning it, I was just stating the obvious. Theres alot of difference in 5 and 20.

This is one of the reason I dont legal sticker most cars. Kids go right down the street or to there garage and put another layer over then its my rear cause my sticker is on there.

Guest willie

tx tinters I use the official dps site for all my references when dealing with customers.

Hope this clarifies some things

www.txdps.state.tx.us/vi/Misc/faq/tint.htm

clarifes and explains the inspection laws and legal laws :dunno

Guest Key West
im in TN tho. yeah but if a cop sees a sticker they're prolly not gonna pull you over. I swear they are not that strict down here bout tint. never heard of anyone getting a tint ticket unless they have 5% on the sides

Again, it depends on WHERE in Tn ya are! Iknow several tinters IN YOUR AREA, and this is the first I've heard anything about anyone putting stickers on. Even tho it's a requirement, no one to my knowledge does it. I've trained tinters in Chatt, Knoxville, Nashville and Memphis. :shock

If a cop can see a sticker the size of a 50 cent piece while driving, and actually READ it, thats one BAD MoFo!

SOME people do give reciepts and warrantys :thumb:shock: on illegal tint :beer , but then, they PROLLY don't know better.

If ya still think they aint strict in Tn, c'mon down heah. I'm only about an hour or so from ya. :thumb

tx tinters I use the official dps site for all my references when dealing with customers.

Hope this clarifies some things

www.txdps.state.tx.us/vi/Misc/foq/tint.htm

clarifes and explains the inspection laws and legal laws :shock

The link did not work, "no page found" is what I got.

Archived