PPF questions

Okay I used new updated VentureSheild. I am having a prob with hazing just like a cold weather install on window film. Is this norm? Also after squeegeing and letting it sit in the sun, after about 1.5-2 hours I get water bubbles 2-3 on a bumper is that normal?

I am using 8-10 drops of soap and a capful of 70% Isopropyl and the rest water. I squegee very heavy. Venture shield PPf. Alcohol to prep the paint surface and to also "cure" the film. I am sure that the Haze is in the adhesive not the top coat. Any help is much appreciated :thumb:krazy

Guest tintgod
Almost like a grainy look. I am self taught so if this is a stupid question I am not trying to be an azs

sorry...I didnt see this post...but if it kinda like champagne look...this may or may not go away...this could be stretch marks in the adhesive ..it really hard to tell without see it or a pic...but from just the info you have given...im guessing that is what it is

Guest tintgod
TG,

how do venture PPF kits compare to the ones from XPEL?? :beer

I dont use their software ...but I hear it is pretty damn good...and you dont have to pay a monthly fee..I dont if you have to will xpel...but verture....you pay one price and all the patterns are yours. :beer

Guest darkdan
Are you mixing the soap, water and alcohol in one bottle :shock

Yeah I guess it's a new thing to accomplish slip and tack in an all in one solution.

Are you mixing the soap, water and alcohol in one bottle :lol2

Well yes but I also have a bottle of plain water, tint slip solution and alchohol.

have a ppf teflon 2 sleeves,felt block, black ppf rubber, and an olfa

I am doing a 2006 Sierra today and I am having a heck of a time Getting the edges to stick. I am leaving like a :lol2 double micro gap as if it were tint. Is it normal to have to let it sit for a while then go back over it?

Thanks!! :dunno

Archived