Where you buying Film?

Guest gregppf

Guest gregppf

Hands down 3M has the longevity & durability that no other Film company can show me that they can compete. What I have found is that the main reason that people switch to Venture or Avery is to cut down on install time. Not a good enough reason to switch for me. Quality and durability are a big thing to me, and to know they are not going to return because the matreial won't hold up. Same thing with Xpel launching their own film, where is the R&D? It would cost alot of money to start up a plant to make your own film??????? I guess I would rather take my time and know I just installed a great product that has been around since the 60's and has a great track record rather than cutting my install time by a hour to half hour.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest h0wld0g

gregppf I just tried to contact you in a personal message it wouldnt work some odd reason I got the impression you are a 3m sales rep? how do I contact you?

Hands down 3M has the longevity & durability that no other Film company can show me that they can compete. What I have found is that the main reason that people switch to Venture or Avery is to cut down on install time. Not a good enough reason to switch for me. Quality and durability are a big thing to me, and to know they are not going to return because the matreial won't hold up. Same thing with Xpel launching their own film, where is the R&D? It would cost alot of money to start up a plant to make your own film??????? I guess I would rather take my time and know I just installed a great product that has been around since the 60's and has a great track record rather than cutting my install time by a hour to half hour.

3m yellows quite a bit.. and it also cracks and takes a whole day to get one kit off of a car

3m yellows quite a bit.. and it also cracks and takes a whole day to get one kit off of a car

:lol2 I won't touch film that has cracks anymore!

The first car I did with the then new SGH, adhesive came off the film during the install. Want me to go into the problems I had with the second, third, and fourth rolls? I'd been using the old 3M for 5 years by then and the new stuff had no quality control at all. Switched to Avery two years ago.

Every sales person will tell you their product is the best. I've seen test panels with five different films with a dozen different stains proving this is better than that if an elephant pukes on your hood or somebody spills cherry Coke on you bumper. What I have found is that what my work well in Washington might not play in Peoria. You'll have to do some R&D on how your local environment affects each product and which film works best with your install skills. Film that lasts forever looks like crap forever if you can't do a good job with it.

Guest darkdan

I like 3M. Clarity isn't the greatest, but the slightly orange peel hides my mistakes. The super clear films exaggerates them.

Warranty is FIVE years. No worries about "lifetime" or "7 year" or "Take the install price, divide by 10, add 2" coverage.

Plus, the stuff is hard enough to sell retail (I know, I know...go seek dealer work) with the 3M name. I can't imagine selling Random_No_Name_Product_03.

I buy my 3M from my original 3M distributor for window film. Even though my favorite rep is now gone from there.

Guest kccartint

The old stuff did but the new stuff is quite a bit nicer and peels much better. The 3M may have more orange peel than the other big name film but it will look good after a year without having to clean and wax it non-stop. Something most customers are not going to do.

No kidding, it's the hardest film to remove. The dealers used to save money by stripping it themselves but they don't want to anymore and pay me to do it :bingo I'd rather send it someone else I hate stripping 3M :beer

Guest kccartint
No kidding, it's the hardest film to remove. The dealers used to save money by stripping it themselves but they don't want to anymore and pay me to do it :beer I'd rather send it someone else I hate stripping 3M :bingo

You should try to remove avery sometime. Makes the 3M film seem easy. Sticky :beer

Archived