Just cant get it

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have never had a custy rag about the thing . Most of the top of the line cars only see the sun for a weekend and are indoor kept.The motor heads/cummuters only care about protection anyway. I prefer that fresh out the box look on my demo rides. I see this field growing in my area mostly with bumpers. Seems that New Yorkers are a wits end with bumper damage and have gone as far a hanging rubber mats out the trunk in the battle.

I have tried to install a PPF on a Honda Odysses three times and I just cant get it!!! WTF I am so pissed at myself. I have done 07 Vette(2), Sierra's and Escalades(4-5), Charger(1), and plenty of hoods and fenders but this 07 Honda is Killing me :rollin

I had to actually send the customer down the road with a refund my FIRST on ever since being 100% legite and on my own. I love the finished look and how the custy's cant tell that I install PPF when I'm done with the install but this thing has got me wanting to quit. Any advice? Is this thing just difficult or what?

if this bumper was easy.. every hack tinter would be wraping bumpers..Get the steamer fired up dude. 3 precut patterns in the trash would end it for most guys :lol2 . Or teach you the best lesson possible.

Guest trbergman

If you want to take a class in kits I would go to San Antonio but if you want to take a class in bulk I would go to Denver. I have seen kit guys turn to bulk installs but never see bulk guys go with kits. Most kit installers have to trim at some point in time or need to do an application that a kit has not been produced for and in my mind it is good to know both. By doing a bulk install it can save you time and money.

Guest JTKSDB

Go bulk! You can stretch and move the material any way you see fit to make it work. With a kit you are limited to how the person who designed it did it. And if you don't know how to contact them then you don't know how they did it. Manipulating the material to work best for your needs is way easier than trying to figure out what the needs of the kit designer were.

No I mean a lot!!! Like I couldnt even stretch it out I tried and im no small dude on the last try I accually wore through the film from streching it to much :beer

So is there a video or something that is GOOD? I have never seen anyone install a PPF kit so I just kinda go at it starting in the center and work out :beer

hey like people are saying try a steamer. you won't be dissapointed but the steam makes the stuff so soft that you can do anything with it. and steam also takes out creeses too. did I spell that right lol.

also try this http://www.computercut.com/public/Clearshi...ons/ODYSSEE.pdf and maybe your steps are a little off but this is what I have :beer

if that don't work try this :beer that makes even ugly women look good.

yup just take the custy out for a few drinks and then tell them how great it looks...

good luck man... I had the same problem with a g-6 was my first bumper. hated it...

Guest irishhanks2
I have tried to install a PPF on a Honda Odysses three times and I just cant get it!!! WTF I am so pissed at myself. I have done 07 Vette(2), Sierra's and Escalades(4-5), Charger(1), and plenty of hoods and fenders but this 07 Honda is Killing me :beer

I had to actually send the customer down the road with a refund my FIRST on ever since being 100% legite and on my own. I love the finished look and how the custy's cant tell that I install PPF when I'm done with the install but this thing has got me wanting to quit. Any advice? Is this thing just difficult or what?

I done a 96 ford t-bird took me forever first and the last it was bulk the cust had so I had to peace the middle of the hood I think it turned out ok and he was happy

046.jpg

045.jpg

043.jpg

Archived