How busy are you?

soooo slow, havent done a car in about a wekk now. in from winnipeg canada so its expected... once school starts here tinting season is basically over, winter time should be your remote starter season. thats where your really gonna make good money here, looong collld winters. but I could care less right now though since im leaving to new york to play pro hockey next week neways. I hate winter here lol
I used to do remote starters too, but I hate those things, I used quality brands with good databus bypasses and still I got the shaft on almost every one. I would spend 2hrs putting it in and 3 more trying to get it to work right. :dunno

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sorry to hear its slowing down for you guys. If I could, I'd send all the people I turn down to you. I am booked all the way up to October 25 and It wont slow down for me until around Thanksgiving time. Then I'm usually booked for two and a half weeks and continue running that way until February rolls around then its back to two months in advance. :dunno

Today I have a huge travel trailor to do with lots of slide outs. I'm not looking forward to it. :dunno Dont really know why, just dont like the things. :hmmm

So now that I've said all that I'll disapear before you guys egg me and call me unsavory names but you did ask and I'm being honest.

Dayum, you are busy :lol2 WHY??? Do you do marketing of any kind?

Guest FilmBlazer

RIght now I'm booked through this month and will schedule some installs for October tomorrow. I'm diggin the pace we're at now though. Slightly slower than peak season and time for football games and golf :dunno

I have six months worth of bull :dunno paperwork to catch up on but that can wait until October :hmmm

Guest SIR TINTSALOT

I just hate having to wait around for the next job to call or walk in. Dead time sucks. I did they two mustangs today plus one walk in and a sign job as well as two easy banners. The good note is I set up 6 appointments today for this weekend and next week.

Guest SIR TINTSALOT

I've been trying to raise the bar, and even got a few of my boys(who also own shops) to raise prices and try to sell the quality of their work. but there is alot of low ballers in town,and unfortunately alot of consumers want the cheapest price regardless of quality issues. So it gets hard sometimes, but we stay good tho. I'm aiming all my marketing toward the high end of town now.

It's been non stop all year but it always slows down around school time and it is starting to get cold, that's when people start staying home until they get used to it :lol2 Steady work though, less calls. I can't complain, it will pick up again around October through December, then die out until March :lol2

your schedule is alot like mine....jan and feb are my roughest months....although we usually take vacation then

we are scheduleing for the first week of oct...got a few days booked in oct already.....we had a great wek last week with vehicles...this week we had cars on monday a com job tuesday andhouse wens/thursday and a house today ....cars tomorrow...5....3 four doors and two fronts on trucks.....my toughest time is finding time to do res and com estimates....its not bad to schedule a month out but tell some one its a week or so till you can do an estimate sucks....

Dayum, you are busy :poke WHY??? Do you do marketing of any kind?

I dont advertise. I have a small yellow page ad that's it. I've been in my town since 1987 and the one person that was tinting when I moved there was over pricing and doing such terrible work that he drove people to me. Then there have been several other people open shops and they basically put themselves out of business by using bad products, terrib le work, damaging peoples cars and the kicker..........making it their goal to run me out of town. :thumb Which backfired for them cause when my friends/customers would find out they would warn other people not to go to them but to bring their cars to me.

Well, most people that come into my shop like me and like my work and how well I take care of their autos while I have them. One happy customer tells ten people. Those ten come get their windows done and they tell ten.....and so on. Not to say that I dont have some people that dont like me. However, I feel certain that they probably dont like many people themselves and vice versa. Especially those that walk in my door and offer me $200 more dollars to bump a car (one that was scheduled way in advance) and do theirs instead. That, I dont like and I run those people off because they assume that I can be bought. I CANNOT AND WILL NOT!!

I dont claim to be the best either. I make mistakes like everyone else and I try to catch them before they go out the door.

Most important of all ...............God Blesses Me! HE is the number one reason that my business is soo successful and I dont have to have any sideline jobs to stay afloat. Seriously......all I do is tint automobiles twelve months out of the year, year after year.

.........I do one thing and I do it well........ :poke:poke

I dont advertise. I have a small yellow page ad that's it. I've been in my town since 1987 and the one person that was tinting when I moved there was over pricing and doing such terrible work that he drove people to me. Then there have been several other people open shops and they basically put themselves out of business by using bad products, terrib le work, damaging peoples cars and the kicker..........making it their goal to run me out of town. :poke Which backfired for them cause when my friends/customers would find out they would warn other people not to go to them but to bring their cars to me.

Well, most people that come into my shop like me and like my work and how well I take care of their autos while I have them. One happy customer tells ten people. Those ten come get their windows done and they tell ten.....and so on. Not to say that I dont have some people that dont like me. However, I feel certain that they probably dont like many people themselves and vice versa. Especially those that walk in my door and offer me $200 more dollars to bump a car (one that was scheduled way in advance) and do theirs instead. That, I dont like and I run those people off because they assume that I can be bought. I CANNOT AND WILL NOT!!

I dont claim to be the best either. I make mistakes like everyone else and I try to catch them before they go out the door.

Most important of all ...............God Blesses Me! HE is the number one reason that my business is soo successful and I dont have to have any sideline jobs to stay afloat. Seriously......all I do is tint automobiles twelve months out of the year, year after year.

.........I do one thing and I do it well........ :poke:thumb

Well said TNT :poke

Archived