XPEL Launches PPF

Guest XPEL Costas

im just glad all these manufacturers think that we as installers can just keep paying more and passing the expense to customers.last I checked people are losing homes and jobs. we fight everyday to sell products that keep going up in price to us. when is somebody going to realize urethane is not that expensive to produce and shouldnt cost over a grand for a roll. venture has been the way to go for us and unfortunately our distributer has sold out to xpel now. so I get to move on to another distributor. oh well

Screwed up deal wasn't it? Everything is over priced, from milk to tv's. I heard about the deal you got with F1, good luck and I hope it all works out for you :gasp

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

were excited about the f1. tired of stocking a couple different lines. its a lil pricey but im tired of junk films. I was given the new pricing on xpel yesterday and its a bit much for me to commit to right now I guess it needs to sink in. im just tired of price increases from corporate decision makers who dont give a :beer about anything but there stock price.

Guest XPEL Tim

Claysdad, it sounds like the Standard film is what you need. Keep in mind the Premium and Standard are exactly the same except for the release liner. Same clear coat, same urethane, and same adhesive. The liner is what determines the texture. Unfortunately, the liner we use to get the mirror finish that everyone is talking about is very expensive to produce. In fact, it is almost as expensive as the film itself. This is what makes premium cost more.

The cool thing is that you don't need Premium to satisfy your customers most of the time. It is for high-end installs or meticulous customers who are happy to pay more for the best. For the rest, our Standard film has such low texture no one would probably notice it, and the cost is extremely competitive. Combine that with a true patent pending clear coat and insanely easy installation, and you have a real winner that makes you more money. :dunno

Someone was also asking about scratches. The film is extremely resistant to scratches, but as anything in nature other than diamonds, it can be scratched. We have a chemical that works much the same as pure alcohol does on 3M film. Wipe it on, let it evaporate and the scratches disappear. Don't take my word on the scratch resistance though...try it on a piece of sample film. Put the film on a black surface, and rub a Chizler, hard card, screwdriver, or whatever against it and see how much force is required to do any damage. I finally had to resort to bearing down on a Brillo pad to scratch the stuff so I could test our scratch removal solution. :evilgrin

Guest darkdan
The liner is what determines the texture. Unfortunately, the liner we use to get the mirror finish that everyone is talking about is very expensive to produce. In fact, it is almost as expensive as the film itself. This is what makes premium cost more.

If it was as expensive wouldn't it be twice the price? Otherwise, with simple math we could figure out your margin.

Also, I'm still waiting on the 20 (google earth) of your manufacturing plant with your name on the side of it.

(I do own XPLT stock.........) So I'm not just some A-hole trying to get a rise out of you.

Guest XPEL Tim

Darkdan, you are assuming we have the same margins on both films, which is not the case. The location of our manufacturing facility is confidential, as is all of our intellectual property and there is no name on the side of it (for good reason)...think about it.

Guest darkdan
Darkdan, you are assuming we have the same margins on both films, which is not the case. The location of our manufacturing facility is confidential, as is all of our intellectual property and there is no name on the side of it (for good reason)...think about it.

But you're saying XPEL does own the manufacturing facility (and equipment) and it's not sourced out?

What about raw materials?

:DD

Thats funny......................................... :lol

Why are all these folks trying to bust Xpel in the chops ??

In my opinion the paint protection film industry has not had any real direction.

Here a company puts a stake in the ground and offers a comprehensive package (film, tools, patterns, etc.) giving the dealer a chance to truely present as a professional and the loudest sound you can make is ' Where the F is your factory !?! '

WHO CARES ???

These guys are not your next door neighbors importing film from singapore and trying to pull the woll over your eyes. Get OVER it ! :ninja

Archived