XPEL Launches PPF

Guest XPEL Costas

Guest gregppf

Hey Blade, I heard the same thing, lots of money, I just wanted Mr. Costas to enlighten everyone on the forum that is intrested, I think there is alot of us out there that would like to know some of the answers to my questions. Just figured that now that everything is public and there is "nothing to hide" I would get answers :spit I mean they are not hard questions just the obvious. Stuff people want to know. I know that I would want answers before I signed up for anything. But that is just me :spit

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest XPEL Costas
Interesting as xpel has bought out several 3M distributors recently, no? Good luck with the new lauch though!

Thanks! So far everyone who has tried it (and we let TONS of folks try it at SEMA…we were the only booth that I know of that let folks get actual squeegee time!!) loves it and the boxes are flying out the door!

New...........bulk user friendly?.........how many months longer will it last on white BM/BENZ?.......the patterns are the best, keep up the good work.

As far as bulk goes, you will LOVE the way this stuff sticks as you wrap it. We have it on GM white and it looks gorgeous. Thanks for the props on the patterns, we work hard on that!

Could I see some R & D on this new film? Like with 3M and Venture you can go online and see the thousands of hours of testing, I have not seen any of that from XPEL? What is the pricing on this new film? Couldn’t make it to SEMA so looking for some info. Is Xpel's new film Llumar? Just Xpel's name on it?

Greg,

Sorry you could not make it to SEMA, you'd have loved to play with our film.

http://xpel.com/support/techdata.asp

The above is a link to the specifications on the film. And yes, it is our OWN film we have been working on for a long time. Once anyone uses it they will be able to tell that it tacks as good as the fastest-tacking film, stretches as good as the stretchiest film, has reusability as good as the best film there, and is MORE CLEAR (and this is just our Standard) than any of them. Jump to premium and blow your customer away!! (and make more money while doing it!)

Just call Costas his numbers on here everywhere, just make sure you block your caller id number going out since your the competitor

BWAHAHAHhahahahaha. C'mon Willie! I'll talk to anybody who calls!

one word....expensive

Blade,

Not really. Yes, the Premium is more, but it has NO PEERS on the marketplace. Nobody has a true clear-coated film that looks anywhere near as good as XPEL Premium, so when you pay more per kit for it then you can charge more per kit. Your skills need to be good though, it WILL show any install problems.

Standard in 24" is 850$ (120' long) and if you are on DAP then you get a $54 FilmRewards credit to apply to your DAP bill (past the $300 minimum) so the 'real' price is only $796. Premium comes in 100' rolls and 24" is $1200 and also has the $54 FilmRewards credit so the real price there is $1146. Anyone who saw the Porsche at SEMA can testify that on a high-end car, once your custy sees it, they'll want it.

Please keep in mind that Standard will suffice for nearly all your work as it is clearer than anything else clear coated out there. Save Premium for the high end $$$ jobs!

Hey Blade, I heard the same thing, lots of money, I just wanted Mr. Costas to enlighten everyone on the forum that is intrested, I think there is alot of us out there that would like to know some of the answers to my questions. Just figured that now that everything is public and there is "nothing to hide" I would get answers I mean they are not hard questions just the obvious. Stuff people want to know. I know that I would want answers before I signed up for anything. But that is just me

Greg,

Please see the above paragraph. I've been at SEMA for 10 days (I'm responsible for setup and teardown…first in and last out!). Our factory is IS09000 certified and is in the USA. I came back to over 100 emails and 47 voicemails and been a little busy :spit:krazy hhehehehehehe

We had probably 100 installers try the new film at SEMA on the BMW front ends. I didn't hear one negative complaint the whole time and everyone that I spoke to absolutely loved it.

To everyone out there: Try it…you'll like it. :spit:dunno

Any more questions????

:spit:DD

Cheers,

Costas

pcostas@xpel.com

Blade,

Not really. Yes, the Premium is more, but it has NO PEERS on the marketplace. Nobody has a true clear-coated film that looks anywhere near as good as XPEL Premium, so when you pay more per kit for it then you can charge more per kit. Your skills need to be good though, it WILL show any install problems.

Cheers,

Costas

pcostas@xpel.com

I've heard nothing but good things about the product. well...other than that $1200 price tag. :spit:spit

Guest XPEL Costas

Thanks Blade!

The dealer will simply pass the cost and some additional markup on to the customer just like anything else.

And I'm SHOCKED :spit:spit that NOBODY has asked about the warranty!!!

What is the warranty, Costas?????

I am GLAD you asked. The warranty on BOTH films will be SEVEN (7) YEARS and we WILL (oh yes!) pay a labor component. Details on the labor component to be released in the next few weeks, but it will be at least comparable or higher than anything paid right now!

If anyone wants some of the samples we gave out at SEMA please simply email me.

Cheers,

Paul Costas

XPEL Team

pcostas@xpel.com

Guest tintgod

well..I did play with the film at sema and I was impressed with the clearity and adhesive and stretchability of the film.

but...I do have to say one thing...I did notice some scratches on the black car.

oh..by they way..do you guys have a pattern yet for a 2008 corvette z06 full hood, full fenders ?

and can you email me what you would charge for that corvette..full hood, bumper,full fender,mirrors,head lights and option packet.

eclipsetinting@gmail.com

Guest haroldshouseoftint

I don't do much PPF, so I don't have alot to compare it to, but from what I saw @ SEMA :dunno:gasp:lol2 :lol2 :lol2

Sorry we don't have a star smilie, so it gets 5 thumbs (at least from me)

and Blade, price shouldn't be a factor, you get what you pay for :lol2:lol2:lol2

I didn't see any scratches in the PPF on the black Porshe they had done up @ SEMA, but I didn't inspect it that close either, but I did see my reflection in the hood, w/o being able to tell PPF was applied to it :gasp

im just glad all these manufacturers think that we as installers can just keep paying more and passing the expense to customers.last I checked people are losing homes and jobs. we fight everyday to sell products that keep going up in price to us. when is somebody going to realize urethane is not that expensive to produce and shouldnt cost over a grand for a roll. venture has been the way to go for us and unfortunately our distributer has sold out to xpel now. so I get to move on to another distributor. oh well

Archived