ford f150 rearview mirror

Ryker

Guest tintgod
I stay away from ford windshiels, not worth it.

that is what it has come down to with me too...I send them to a glass shop to have it removed..most of the time..they never come back to have the strip done.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah this is not the one that can you can just pry off. not the ones where the spring clip wraps over the edges. I just simply pry those with an allen wrench or something similar.

I am scared to death of the Equalizer tool also as it still has to pry against the glass. For those that use that tool, do you not still have to "knock" the mirror up and off?

Oh yeah I do have the thin forked metal mirror tool and it has been a great value.

Yep Ford has 2 kinds the only problems I've with the pop off is when it pops of from the pivit ball. But most slide offs I use a hammer. I learned that from a glass man.(plastic hammer that is) I haven't figured out how to get a Mitsibitsi mirror off? My Ford dealer now sells Mitsi.

Guest Key West

I discourage Front Strips as much as possible, and if they have ANY electronics attached, I wont do 'em. Not worth the liability. Even with insurance, (deductable). Pop one windshield and you are gonna do alot of free ones to make up for it. Most cars and trucks come with a pretty substantial strip from the factory anyway.

Guest goldtooth
Yep Ford has 2 kinds the only problems I've with the pop off is when it pops of from the pivit ball. But most slide offs I use a hammer. I learned that from a glass man.(plastic hammer that is) I haven't figured out how to get a Mitsibitsi mirror off? My Ford dealer now sells Mitsi.

:dunno hammer,plastic or not ,it is not worth the risk :evilgrin

Guest goldtooth
Don't knock till ya try it. Like I said learned it from a glass man. Haven't broke a window yet! :spit

don't take it personal dude,not knocking it,I tint by reducing risk factors :thumb ..precaution is better than cure :dunno ..to each his own..if it works for you,go for it :evilgrin

Archived