ford f150 rearview mirror

Ryker

Wow, I just watched that video.  Again, I do not recommend removing a mirror this way either.  Negative pressure on a windshield is one of the easiest ways to break it.  When he placed that tool on the windshield and used the glass as leverage  :wrong  horrible idea and he's lucky it didn't crack the glass during that video.  

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just cut around them now.  The 2 that broke on me were not being pulled or hit hard at all...just pop and there was a broken windshield....

If they need the thing lower than the button then I will slit it up or down depending on the total length...not worth any prying on that glass IMO.

oh and amazing to see over 13,000 views on this thread!

I just won't remove Ford mirrors period. I tell them to have the glass guy remove it for $5 next door. If he breaks it, not my problem :lol $5 well spent

Buy the Ford removal tool.... it slides in the slot on the top of the mirror and prys the mirror base away from the button... No stress on the glass or the button :twocents

where can I buy a Ford mirror removal tool at?

Any Ford Dealership parts department , Amazon, Ebay  Take your pick..  Part Number 8200

http://www.amazon.com/OTC-8200A-Mirror-Removal-Tool/dp/B005JD0FMQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1426808496&sr=8-1&keywords=8200+ford+mirror+tool

There ya go... hit the buy button

After that buy the mirror Re-Install tool...  it looks like a big pair of pliers that squeezes the mirror down onto the button on the glass so you don't stress the glass when you put the mirror back on....   :twocents 

Archived