Suntek

Assuming the commercial IG units are 3/8" thickness or better, you should not be having problems.

I would suspect there is a glass issue during construction. Either that or whoever dialed in during film manufacturing did something different and created a higher absorbtion rate.

Anyway Al is going to China tomorrow and I'm just waiting for the dealer to get back to me.

With all of the lead issues in toys, do we now have to worry about lead in our film?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
When the glass on a commercial job starts breaking 1,2,3 and the Dist is not paying at least the max $500.00 per pane or is slow on warranty claims then it's time to pull off all of the film and run for cover... :beer

He said he would cover 450.00 per window and didn't hesitate to send a check once the job was done. I don't see any issues with them no living up to their warranty. So far Suntek over all has been an awesome company. :beer

Assuming the commercial IG units are 3/8" thickness or better, you should not be having problems.

I would suspect there is a glass issue during construction. Either that or whoever dialed in during film manufacturing did something different and created a higher absorbtion rate.

Anyway Al is going to China tomorrow and I'm just waiting for the dealer to get back to me.

With all of the lead issues in toys, do we now have to worry about lead in our film?

I was thinking the same thing. The contractor most likely used the cheapest annealed glass he could find. Oh well! Life goes on in the tinting world.

They are setting up a dist. center in China, not China makeing film for them :thumb

I dont really see why the windows are that expensive to replace. The last time I had a glass claim, about a year ago, I got a 60' by 70' window replaced for less than 500 bucks. And yes, it was an insulated commercial unit. Call around and see if anyone will replace it cheaper.

In fact, call around, and tell everyone you talk to that you've got a 450.00 budget per window, and you'll give the job to whomever can do it for that price. :lol

Guest tintgod
I dont really see why the windows are that expensive to replace. The last time I had a glass claim, about a year ago, I got a 60' by 70' window replaced for less than 500 bucks. And yes, it was an insulated commercial unit. Call around and see if anyone will replace it cheaper.

In fact, call around, and tell everyone you talk to that you've got a 450.00 budget per window, and you'll give the job to whomever can do it for that price. :lol

yeah..use the window tint customer mentality..im guessing glass is as the same as anything..you get what you pay for.. :lol

That sucks man. syds 35 has a fairly low absorbtion rate so it shouldn't have been a problem at all using that film. I would imagine it's probably a setteling issue being it's a new dealership or the glass was not installed correctly and the film just made the problem arise quicker. Nonetheless the manager will prolly look at it as the film's fault so :lol Maybe you can just cut him a deal on the rest of his windows and keep them happy. At least suntek is keeping their end of the warranty even though 500 a pane isn't much help on commercial glass. Hope it works out for you :lol

yeah..use the window tint customer mentality..im guessing glass is as the same as anything..you get what you pay for.. :lol

Hey, I'm just trying to help. I've been in situations where the same exact glass was priced from 400 to 1200 bucks. Sometimes it's just as much how you ask as it is who you ask.

Obviously, I'm not suggesting he call up shops, ask for a price, then say, "GEEZ! Why's it so expensive! It's JUST GLASS!" like so many tint customers are apt to do.

Besides, he could use the approach that he's trying to start a relationship with a glass company for this and future situations. I've got a glass company that recommends me all the time. I also know of another glass company that specializes in commercial glazing and has very good prices.

In many cases, you get what you pay for, but it doesn't mean the highest price is automatically the best.

yeah that does suck protint. I've installed a ton of the syds 35 and never had a problem. the ids bronze 20 is what scares me :lol I've had enough glass breakage problems with that film that I don't use it anymore. but with every issue, suntek handled 'em great. :lol

Guest vclimber
yeah that does suck protint. I've installed a ton of the syds 35 and never had a problem. the ids bronze 20 is what scares me :lol I've had enough glass breakage problems with that film that I don't use it anymore. but with every issue, suntek handled 'em great. :lol

The IDS Bronze gives you problems? I always thought it was the IDS Neutral that you had to stay away from, I think it starts at like 9 on the F2G... I would have guessed that the bronze would be ok. :lol

Guest tintgod
yeah that does suck protint. I've installed a ton of the syds 35 and never had a problem. the ids bronze 20 is what scares me :coffee I've had enough glass breakage problems with that film that I don't use it anymore. but with every issue, suntek handled 'em great. :dunno

The IDS Bronze gives you problems? I always thought it was the IDS Neutral that you had to stay away from, I think it starts at like 9 on the F2G... I would have guessed that the bronze would be ok. :dunno

mark it on the calander...vman doesnt know something... :spit:beer

I had only one issue with the ids 35 neut...and that was enought for me to never use it again... :beer

Archived